Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Business Ink Cash 30 Day Message then Called In

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Business Ink Cash 30 Day Message then Called In

So instead of applying for the CSP like I originally thought, I decided to apply for the Chase Business Ink Cash since more than half my income comes in the form of a sole proprietor. I applied and got the 30 day message. Called the backdoor business number, got asked a few identity verification questions, and was put on hold while the rep looked over my app. A few minutes later she came back and said that it still needs to be manually reviewed and I'll get a decision by mail in about two weeks. Is this good news or bad news?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Business Ink Cash 30 Day Message then Called In

Which number did you call? The key is to get to an analyst who can make decisions.  I wrestled with them for 2 weeks on this card after initial denial, the number I called was 800-453-9719, be nice and respectful, making personal connections also helped, I was finally approved for 5k.  Good luck.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Which number did you call? The key is to get to an analyst who can make decisions.  I wrestled with them for 2 weeks on this card after initial denial, the number I called was 800-453-9719, be nice and respectful, making personal connections also helped, I was finally approved for 5k.  Good luck.

Thanks. That is the number I called. I thought I did everything I could. I couldn't really do much cause I wasn't asked anything. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then wait for the decision, if denied with reasons, recon the sheet out of it, I find that who you get on the other end of the line makes a huge difference, don't be afraid to call again if you hit a wall.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Then wait for the decision, if denied with reasons, recon the sheet out of it, I find that who you get on the other end of the line makes a huge difference, don't be afraid to call again if you hit a wall.

Thanks again. This is my first recon so we'll see how it goes. The lady said I can call back anytime to check the status. I'll probably give it until tomorrow and call again to see if the status changed or if I can nudge them in my favor. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, it was also my first recon, just be honest and talk to them like human beings, have your company stuff ready, things like total revenue and such.  Good luck.
Message 6 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So instead of applying for the CSP like I originally thought, I decided to apply for the Chase Business Ink Cash since more than half my income comes in the form of a sole proprietor. I applied and got the 30 day message. Called the backdoor business number, got asked a few identity verification questions, and was put on hold while the rep looked over my app. A few minutes later she came back and said that it still needs to be manually reviewed and I'll get a decision by mail in about two weeks. Is this good news or bad news?

Response in the mail does not sound good.  But still good luck.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Response in the mail does not sound good.  But still good luck.

That's their standard line and it's meaningless.  @Anonymous  Have you called the application status line since you applied?  The 30 day message after you apply is what everyone gets if not instantly approved.  Call the status line and see what that says.  In general though do not call Chase to check on business credit applications as you run the risk of getting grilled.  Just let it play out and then recon if denied.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called status line yesterday and it still said 30 days. After doing research it does look like everyone gets the 30 day message. Also noticed that everyone recommends not calling Chase for business cards, I guess I got lucky when I called cause they didn't ask me really anything. Called auto line again a few minutes ago and I was approved. No mention of CL but I should get my card in the mail within 10 business days.
Message 9 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrat!

I need to get my business checking set up with Chase....

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.