Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Closed my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Closed my account

I had 2 credit cards with Chase Bank, never missed a payment. They closed both account saying I had to many inquires in last 12 months. Any advice ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Closed my account

How many inquiries and how many new accounts in the past 12 months?

This is normal, many prime banks are doing AA on folks who are over-seeking credit.

Do you have any balances on those cards?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 card with 10k limint balance is 4500.00

then I was approved for Marriott Bus card, they called me. For 10K

I never recieved the Marriott Card in mail. When I went to make payment online with first card, thats when I seen they where closed. Also they wanted me to pay 450.00 yearly fee on Marriott. I also have a car loan with them. inquires around 8 in last 12 months

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like there is more to your story that you haven't told yet.

List all your new accounts from the past 12 months including credit limits and current balances.

We'll figure it out and it probably starts there.

Message 4 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

When were you approved for the last chase card?.... I have about 60+ inq, 20 being under 12month old and I've had no issues, PIF every month both on business and personal..
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree it seems something is missing here.

Also, if you honestly didn't even receive the Marriott card then I'm sure if you call in they'll stop trying to charge you the AF.
Message 6 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 1 card with 10k limint balance is 4500.00

then I was approved for Marriott Bus card, they called me. For 10K

I never recieved the Marriott Card in mail. When I went to make payment online with first card, thats when I seen they where closed. Also they wanted me to pay 450.00 yearly fee on Marriott. I also have a car loan with them. inquires around 8 in last 12 months

It sounds like there are other factors, but the number of inquiries was something that just happened to push Chase to take the adverse action.

Do you have other cards with other issuers? How ais the utilization on those cards?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.