Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Business Cash Card - Credit Line Reduction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Business Cash Card - Credit Line Reduction

Shock! In reading around the MyFico Forum I see credit line reductions from various lenders mostly related to personal credit card accounts.

Hark, what do I find today, a letter from JP Morgan Chase reducing my credit access line for lack of utilization on my Chase Ink Business Cash account. They gave me thirty days to respond or the reduction was mandatory. How I found out was an email notifying me of the reduction. Called Chase as they required contact to avoid changes without my input.

The following is the language they used: "We regularly review accounts and the credit extended to each customer. During a recent review, we noticed that you are using only a limited portion of your credit line with us. Based on that information, we will adjust your credit line to $3,000.00 in 30 days."

For some one applying for the Chase Ink Business Cash, the minimum new credit access lines that would be assigned are $3,000 (according to the Terms & Conditions posted on the Chase website). In the event you don't qualify for the minimum you get a denial letter to the application.

Taking a deep breath as this was a shocker! As to Chase's accuracy, they are correct and I really have a hard time justifying a large credit access line. Also tells me lenders seem to be sharpening their look at utilization (also believe income and DTI but that is only my conjecture). Smiley Surprised

Follow up, the monthly spend was around $300. As to the outcome, did contact Chase and they agreed to not reduce the revolving credit line. If I am honest, Chase's request was realistic and my usage has become very small since I greatly downsized my activities and revenue. As of now, I had already closed two other Business Credit Card revolving accounts (other banks) due to my usage being quite small.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business Cash Card - Credit Line Reduction

@Dinosaur

Sorry to read that. Appreciate you sharing.

Is this the only Chase business credit card you have Dinosaur? What kind of spend were you averaging?

bizcredit11

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they raise your line back?
Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

oh wow ! Thats would be a shocker for sure, and haven't seen this for the biz side. Thanks for sharing, and glad they agreed to keep the CL intact for now!
Message 4 of 5
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Hark, what lies in thy distant envelope!  sorry but that gave me a chuckle.  joking aside, what is the age of the accuont and how was it opened?  internet, branch, brm, etc.  what was the limit?  is this your only ink, how many other chase cards to you have, what is your exposure, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.