Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Business Cash

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business Cash

In re: my post of 3/24. It seems the discussion has swung from the morality of applicants applying for business CCs when they have no business, to the morality of banks that issue CCs to such people without verifying their status. Frankly, I think it's the issuer's call. If they don't demand strict provenance, but they are the ones who grant the credit, that pretty much ends the discussion.

In my case, I'm a senior yoga teacher for a large company that gives me benefits and a fixed salary, plus bonuses. However, my teaching of martial arts classes and privates and my teaching of yoga privates is entirely my own business on the side. To that end, I've created a separate entity for that business and when I get out of the garden (in about 2 years) I'll probably go after the Chase Ink.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Is there even an option on the form to app for this card as a sole proprietor? I'm thinking of app-ing for this card in August when I'm back under 5/24 if there is (and yes I do have an online p/t business).

image.png

Message 12 of 20
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Is there even an option on the form to app for this card as a sole proprietor? I'm thinking of app-ing for this card in August when I'm back under 5/24 if there is (and yes I do have an online p/t business).

image.png

Thanks Inverse--good to know. I thought for sure an EIN was req'd to app for this card.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can wax morality until we're blue in the face, but I agree with others that have stated if you don't have a business, even a side hustle or SP business then, yes, you are committing fraud. We all know most would do this chasing bonuses and points which is frowned upon.

HOWEVER, and a very large proverbial but...

But the banks know this. I personally believe that Chase, BOA, Amex all want the business, the annual fees, and the swipes. I believe it's a calculated offering when they let SP's apply for a small business card. 

The only real difference in a personal card and a small business card is the name on the front and the T&C's attached to the card. The T&C's of business cards have less, if none at all, consumer protections and frankly the banks like this because it is probably cheaper to service. 

I operate a few businesses and I have a slew of business cards. All legitimate, but if I wanted to start "Jody's Side Hustle" (yes, use that as the business name, and print on the card) and apply with my SS, what's to stop me? 

Heck, I hadn't considered a business CC because I thought the hoops were too high until these forums educated me on the ins and outs.

Now my [business] cards have streamlined my finances, helped me smooth out cash flow, and turned out to yield a nice return on my expenses. 

In summary, I think you should apply for business cards only when you have a business, but if there is no delineation between an idea, and an actual business and the banks don't draw a line, who says we (as applicants and cardholders) should? The liabilities are the same.

*rambling over* 

Message 14 of 20
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Heart JodySideHustle   

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We can wax morality until we're blue in the face, but I agree with others that have stated if you don't have a business, even a side hustle or SP business then, yes, you are committing fraud. We all know most would do this chasing bonuses and points which is frowned upon.

But the banks know this. I personally believe that Chase, BOA, Amex all want the business, the annual fees, and the swipes. I believe it's a calculated offering when they let SP's apply for a small business card. 

The only real difference in a personal card and a small business card is the name on the front and the T&C's attached to the card. The T&C's of business cards have less, if none at all, consumer protections and frankly the banks like this because it is probably cheaper to service. 

I operate a few businesses and I have a slew of business cards. All legitimate, but if I wanted to start "Jody's Side Hustle" (yes, use that as the business name, and print on the card) and apply with my SS, what's to stop me? 

Heck, I hadn't considered a business CC because I thought the hoops were too high until these forums educated me on the ins and outs.

Now my [business] cards have streamlined my finances, helped me smooth out cash flow, and turned out to yield a nice return on my expenses. 

In summary, I think you should apply for business cards only when you have a business, but if there is no delineation between an idea, and an actual business and the banks don't draw a line, who says we (as applicants and cardholders) should? The liabilities are the same.

*rambling over* 

Well, in terms of these forums, it is not allowed for anyone to promote applying for a business credit card unless you have a business in some form.  It doesn’t matter what the banks know or will do.  It is unethical and fraudulent to apply for a business credit card without having some kind of business.  MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service specifically prohibits posts that discuss unethical or illegal activities and applying for a business CC without any kind of business, encouraging someone to do so or posting about how it can be done all fall into that category.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*rambling over* 

Well, in terms of these forums, it is not allowed for anyone to promote applying for a business credit card unless you have a business in some form.  It doesn’t matter what the banks know or will do.  It is unethical and fraudulent to apply for a business credit card without having some kind of business.  MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service specifically prohibits posts that discuss unethical or illegal activities and applying for a business CC without any kind of business, encouraging someone to do so or posting about how it can be done all fall into that category.

No disrespect, but the terms linked do not specifically state those rules in regard to application for a business card, only in general terms.  

So who and where is this determination for the definition of unethical and illegal activities in SPECIFICALLY applying for business card listed?

Mod/forum rules?  Banking Laws? Not exactly clear and/or equivalent IMO. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*rambling over* 

No disrespect, but the terms linked do not specifically state those rules in regard to application for a business card, only in general terms.  

So who and where is this determination for the definition of unethical and illegal activities in SPECIFICALLY applying for business card listed?

This isn't up for debate and it's also against the ToS to discuss Moderator actions and decisions which my post was.

• Discussion of moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread. If you need to comment on a moderator action, please send a private message to any administrator or moderator. 

It is unethical to apply for a business card if you don't have a business.  Not sure why that is hard to understand.  Tell Chase when applying for one of their business cards 'well I don't really have a business but made one up because I want the card's sign up bonus' and see what they have to say.  Again it is against forum rules to discuss ethical or illegal activities and we don't need to discuss this topic anymore.

• Discussion of illegal or unethical activities or providing links to other websites containing such information;
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*rambling over* 

This isn't up for debate and it's also against the ToS to discuss Moderator actions and decisions which my post was.

• Discussion of moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread. If you need to comment on a moderator action, please send a private message to any administrator or moderator. 

It is unethical to apply for a business card if you don't have a business.  Not sure why that is hard to understand.  Tell Chase when applying for one of their business cards 'well I don't really have a business but made one up because I want the card's sign up bonus' and see what they have to say.  Again it is against forum rules to discuss ethical or illegal activities and we don't need to discuss this topic anymore.

• Discussion of illegal or unethical activities or providing links to other websites containing such information;

Super helpful thanks for the tips! 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Super helpful thanks for the tips! 

Your sarcasm is duly noted.  With that, this thread is now closed.  If others would like to discuss applying for this card in a manner that conforms to the site's rules, then please start another thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.