Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Business Unlimited Approved Time Line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Business Unlimited Approved Time Line

I had already recently opened two Amex Open business cards; a Green Rewards and Simply Cash Plus. These cards were very easy to open; both were instant approval using a SP and I received both cards within 3 business days without needing rush delivery. Business Green came with a 5,000 MR sign up and Simply Cash Plus has no sign up (I know I know). I decided that I wanted a Chase Ink card due to the longer intro 0.00% APR period, $500 sign up bonus and the fact that it was on the Visa network. Chase could learn a few things from Amex. Below I will outline the time line for my Chase Ink card as well as some other data points. I would like to see you all add more data points to your posts besides "I've been approved!", especially since some business cards can be harder to get than personal cards and your experience could benefit everybody. As it is, I had to get info on the Ink cards from other forums.....

6/14/18: Applied online for Ink Unlimited; received screen indicating that Chase would review the application and let me know in 30 days (the application hotline mirrored this information).

6/18/18: Application hotline changed from 30 days to 7-10 days Smiley Surprised

6/21/18: Received a letter from Chase indicating that they needed to verify "Physical street address for authorizing officer" and that the documents sent (photo ID, utility bill etc) needed to be no more than 3 months old. 

6/25/18: Sent via snail mail a copy of my driver license, vehicle registration, wireless phone bill (which actually does not count by the way, I was just being annoying by sending it) and a copy of one of my health insurance explanation of benefits Smiley Very Happy

7/2/18: Called application hotline, 7-10 days turned back into 30 days

7/5/18: Called application hotline, "you've been approved, you will receive your new card within 10 business days" and then the application hotline told me of my credit access line, the intro APR, when it expires and what the APR is, currently, after the intro period expires. 

7/13/18: Finally got the darn card in the mail. The card was sent without the need for activation ( Smiley Surprised ) used the card to pay cell phone bill right away with no issues. 

7/15/18: Had to call to have online account management set up; they told me there was no way to add business cards to personal card log in...annoying but its fine.

Data points: 

Small, side consulting business; 2 years, $2,000 revenue-sole proprietor, 100% personal guarantee, no EIN, applied with my SSN, used my name as business name. 

Pulled EX (in Colorado): 816

$90,000 stated income

Officially 2/24 (NFCU 8/16 and USAA 11/17-the two Amex business accounts opened recently do not report to personal bureau)

Approved for $12,000

0.00% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers, expires 8/3/19

14.74% ongoing APR (at current Prime Rate) after

**This card has a higher credit line and lower APR than both my current Chase personal cards....go figure (especially since Amex gave me one of their highest APRs on Simply Cash Plus:18.99%)

TLSmiley Very HappyR For most of us, the Chase Ink cards are not as simple to obtain as Amex Open cards. Patience is a virtue; just because you get a 7-10 day response doesn't necessarily mean you've been declined, you may just need to send verification. For Chase Ink cards it is best not to call Chase (unless you want to be interrogated), be patient and let the process happen...even if it takes 30 days. I probably could have reduced my waiting time by visiting a Business Relationship Manager at a Chase Branch to have the required documents faxed in. 

Hopefully that covers everything and can help some of you out! I am really glad to have an Ink card and it was worth the waiting.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business Unlimited Approved Time Line

Congrats on the approval CO_NATIVE. I will be under 5/24 for the first time in almost 5 years in about 3 more weeks and plan to app for the no AF version of this card. Hopefully if approved they'll treat me a little better than they did a few years ago with my other 3 Chase cards--especially since my profile has improved dramatically since then.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Appreciate the post and the data points CO_NATIVE.

I have an Ink Cash running as a SP that they never complained about, but setting up a new LLC and will need to establish some tradelines for it as well as a new card to keep everything seperate.  Likewise looking at the Ink Business Preferred, though I expect to go down to the bank and try to do it when I setup the accounts for the new business.

Oddly I just realized I'm at 2/24 now, whee, had forgotten that applied to business accounts too.

        
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.  Business cards most definitely can be added to your personal login. Both of mine are and the card should have shown there as soon as you were approved.  Call again and escalate if necessary.  No reason to have 2 separate logins.

Message 4 of 12
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Do Chase business cards normally take this long to get? It seems especially weird since you're already a Chase cardmember. Did you apply with a different address or something? I was thinking of getting a Chase business card right before a big purchase so I could enjoy the 0% APR for as long as possible without showing a large balance on my personal credit report. But now it looks like I might need to apply for it a month or two in advance.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdxmike wrote:
Do Chase business cards normally take this long to get? It seems especially weird since you're already a Chase cardmember. Did you apply with a different address or something?

I am not sure what normally means as this forum doesn't always have "normal" applicants.  Since the OP is already a Chase customer and Chase asked for identity verification, it would appear that the OP triggered some sort of verification algorithm.

My Chase Ink Cash was an instant approval and I had the card in a few days.  EX and EQ personal were pulled and likely SBFE.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

CO_NATIVE ... congrats on your approval! Will add that I have my business and personal cards etc all linked to one landing page sign in. Do see another poster already said it. I will confirm it and add I have had the combined sign in for all products for over thirteen years so some one at Chase has "no clue" ... so what's new with CSRs? Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

CO_NATIVE ... congrats on your approval! Will add that I have my business and personal cards etc all linked to one landing page sign in. Do see another poster already said it. I will confirm it and add I have had the combined sign in for all products for over thirteen years so some one at Chase has "no clue" ... so what's new with CSRs? Smiley Mad

They had to generate a new login for me to merge up the personal and business accounts... couldn't just stuff it on my original account.

This might be what the CSR was thinking in their experience; note this was 4 years ago they may have changed that in their infrastructure as it struck me as stupid back then too.

Now my SP accounts which I don't really care much about (the checking balance doesn't move, and the Cash is just on autopay) are front and center when I login and I actually have to work a bit to get to my personal accounts that my financial life runs through, especially in the web interface.  

        
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdxmike wrote:
Do Chase business cards normally take this long to get? It seems especially weird since you're already a Chase cardmember. Did you apply with a different address or something? I was thinking of getting a Chase business card right before a big purchase so I could enjoy the 0% APR for as long as possible without showing a large balance on my personal credit report. But now it looks like I might need to apply for it a month or two in advance.

Chase business cards can be a little more challenging to get than Chase personal cards. There are lots of forums that go into detail on that. As far as instant approvals for Ink cards, it is my understanding that is a rare occurance unless you were pre-approved for the card. 

I tried to apply for the Ink while logged into my personal cards online, but everytime I tried it opened a new tab on my browser and showed "log in" at the top. No matter how many times I tried, I was never logged in while applying. My personal cards do have my PO Box as the mailing address; however, the physical address is there. For the Ink card, I used my physical address. I have had the same physical address for 15 years and my PO Box has been used for 8 so I am not sure what the issue was. 

You may not encounter the same issue(s) that I did; however, unless you are pre-approved for Ink I would suggest applying at least 2 weeks before you need the card. And if they do want verification, do yourself a favour and step into a Chase branch and have them fax over the paperwork. Once you call the application hotline, the minute it changes to "approved" you can ask for expedited shipping of the card (I didn't). 

I love my Chase Ink...but I really appreciate Amex all the more by how smoothly my Open cards were approved and sent to me. 

Thank you to Irish and another poster for suggesting that I call to Chase to have the personal and business log-in's merged. I will do that when I am in a better mood (LOL!) and can deal with them. 

Message 9 of 12
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Wow congrats! Kudos to you that you had the patience to wait that long for a result... 

I agree with you that you can definitely speed up this process by visiting a chase branch to submit necessary documents.

However, I would advise people calling Chase recon line as soon as your phone status changes to 7-10 day message. If you (not specifically referring to CO_NATIVE) dont have anything to hide, you do not need to wait for the letter to arrive when the phone status showing 7-10 day message. My thought is that -- if it requires verification, they will let you know when you call the recon line, By calling them first when your status changes to 7-10 day, you can speed up the process. If you actually get denied, you will need to call the recon anyway...  Here's my timeline to get a Chase Ink card within 10 days from application to receiving the card! 

7/3 PM - applied for Ink and phone status line showed 30 day message

7/3-7/9 - checked the phone status line about 2-3 times a day and message still said 30 days

7/9 PM - phone status line changed to 7-10 day message

7/10 AM - I called recon directly and was informed that I need to submit some documents. They said submitting it at the branch can speed up the process. I went to a branch immediately and had my documents submitted. I was told that it could take from 3-4 hours to 1-2day for the system to update the previously uploaded documents from the Chase branch. Faxing the documents will actually delay this slightly further and will take days to 1 week for the system to update. In my case, several hours later, the phone status line changed to "Congrats, you have been approved!" I then stayed on the same phone call to speak with a representative to get the card rushed to me.

7/11 - Card shipped

7/13 - Card received!!

As you can see, I can be quite impatient about things! I agree that generally you should give it around 2 weeks from application to needing the card.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.