cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Business Unlimited and Business Cash Balance Transfer?

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Chase Ink Business Unlimited and Business Cash Balance Transfer?

Does anybody know if there is an interest free grace period on balance transfers on either of these cards? I've read the terms but as far as I understand, it only specifically says that purchases qualify 0% APR for 12 months. If there is no 0% grace period of a few months, wouldnt it defeat the purpose of a BT?

Can you transfer a balance from a non Chase personal card to a Chase business card?

I've read that business cards do not show up on your CR. Would doing a BT from a personal card to a business card effectively raise your FICO score? 

Would love to hear from folks with some experience on this issue.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
4 REPLIES 4
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business Unlimited and Business Cash Balance Transfer?

Have you clicked (idk if they have this feature) on a bt offer to select an option? Discover is my only experience and it will give you a choice to pick between fees and apr% rates -with them anyway.

Just wondering if Chase will supply those kind of choices to you as well.

I have read where other's have bt their personal onto a business bt card. (not sure if that's a good thing to do but it may depend on your biz structure.)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would caution this course of action. While I get that it feels like Chase provides business *wink* cards, you should strive to keep a pretty clear line there. Business cards have far less protections than personal cards, can be more hair trigger on AAs, and, depending on your business and classification, lead to business asset liquidation and possible personal liability still should things go sideways.

I would try and consider other BT options before transferring personal to business.
Message 3 of 5
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

I dont have either of those Chase cards yet so I dont know which choices are available. Trying to clarify before I apply.

In terms of expenses I have been putting flights, ad payments, and rides on my Amex. Pretty much all of them are for work.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4 of 5
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

Does anybody know if there is an interest free grace period on balance transfers on either of these cards? I've read the terms but as far as I understand, it only specifically says that purchases qualify 0% APR for 12 months. If there is no 0% grace period of a few months, wouldnt it defeat the purpose of a BT? The Chase Ink cards only offer 0% APR for purchases. Not balance transfers. 

Can you transfer a balance from a non Chase personal card to a Chase business card? No. Most lenders will not allow the cardholder to transfer a balance from one of the bank's own credit cards to another. From the Terms and Conditions from the Chase Ink Cash card: "We will not process any balance transfer requests that are from any other account or loan that we (JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Member FDIC) or any of our affiliates issued." 

I've read that business cards do not show up on your CR. Would doing a BT from a personal card to a business card effectively raise your FICO score?  It can if you have a large debt-to-credit ratio. Also, and I am sure you know already, some banks do report business cards to your personal credit report; namely: Capital One, TD Bank, Discover and sometimes Barclaycard. 

Would love to hear from folks with some experience on this issue. If it is a 0% balance transfer business card you seek, Amex's Blue Business Cash and Blue Business Plus both offer this. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.