Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Cash Denied, Recon, App!

tag
30mm_goes_BRRRT
Valued Member

Chase Ink Cash Denied, Recon, App!

Hi all, wanted to put my DP's out there in case it helps anyone.

Applied as a sole prop 09AUG2023, instant denial (reasons being essentially too many new accounts within previous 12 months). Called recon first thing on 10AUG2023, was asked the generic business questions, and was then approved for a $3.5K SL. My income is $100K, stated business income $2K.

Was 4/6, 4/12, 4/24 new accounts. Oldest card is 7 years. Got 3 new ones (Amex Plat, Amex BCP, CSP) in FEB2023, and then another (CFF) card in APR2023. 

Underwriter was polite and professional; it definitely helps during recon if you are too!

Chase pulled Experian, FICO 8 score was 763. Overall utilization 1%. No business relationship with Chase prior. Hope this info helps anyone in a similar boat.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Cash Denied, Recon, App!

@30mm_goes_BRRRT wrote:

Hi all, wanted to put my DP's out there in case it helps anyone.

Applied as a sole prop 09AUG2023, instant denial (reasons being essentially too many new accounts within previous 12 months). Called recon first thing on 10AUG2023, was asked the generic business questions, and was then approved for a $3.5K SL. My income is $100K, stated business income $2K.

Was 4/6, 4/12, 4/24 new accounts. Oldest card is 7 years. Got 3 new ones (Amex Plat, Amex BCP, CSP) in FEB2023, and then another (CFF) card in APR2023. 

Underwriter was polite and professional; it definitely helps during recon if you are too!

Chase pulled Experian, FICO 8 score was 763. Overall utilization 1%. No business relationship with Chase prior. Hope this info helps anyone in a similar boat.

Congratulations on your successful recon and approval.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 708

Message 2 of 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nicely done, congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 11
triplej0718
New Contributor

Awesome turnaround bro. Since Chase does soft pulls, before you activate the new card you should call recon again and ask for a higher starting limit for more spending power if your need it. You have nothing to lose but make sure you lock all your credit bureaus if you decide to ask for a CLI. 

Message 4 of 11
30mm_goes_BRRRT
Valued Member

@SouthJamaica, @JoeRockhead, @triplej0718 thank you all! I don't plan to call recon again so soon, but I do appreciate you looking out lol. While the SL isn't high by any means, it's suitable for my current needs. Maybe they'll give me an auto CLI before I know it

Message 5 of 11
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your successful recon and approval!  For what it's worth, my card started out at $3000 also. After 3 months with the card right after I met the sign up welcome offer spend goal I got my limit automatically increased from $3000 to $6000.  I also have a friend that got their card around the same time as me. They also had a $3000 limit and got their limit automaticalled doubled to $6000.

Message 6 of 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@30mm_goes_BRRRT wrote:

@SouthJamaica, @JoeRockhead, @triplej0718 thank you all! I don't plan to call recon again so soon, but I do appreciate you looking out lol. While the SL isn't high by any means, it's suitable for my current needs. Maybe they'll give me an auto CLI before I know it

@30mm_goes_BRRRT in my experience with them, the spend and usage seems to coax them into an auto CLI. I also PIF every month just after the statement cuts. I've gotten 3 auto CLIs between both cards since December '22. They've showed up just after every 4th statement like clockwork (so far).

On the Unlimited, the SL was 8k, my spend has been between 70% to 80% of the CL every month, (PIF). After the 4th statement they gave a 4k increase to 12k CL, continued the same spend & pay routine, another 4 statements later they gave me an additional 10k increase to 22k CL.

The Cash SL was 8k. Spend on this card has been between 30% to 50% of CL monthly, (PIF). After the 4th statement they gave a 2k increase to 10k. It's eligible later this month, so we'll see. YMMV but maybe this gives you some of idea of what's possible.

Message 7 of 11
30mm_goes_BRRRT
Valued Member

@JoeRockhead @Jordan23ww thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear. I think my utilization will definitely be high at first to meet the SUB, so fingers crossed 🤞 

Message 8 of 11
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@30mm_goes_BRRRT wrote:

@JoeRockhead @Jordan23ww thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear. I think my utilization will definitely be high at first to meet the SUB, so fingers crossed 🤞 

@30mm_goes_BRRRT  you're welcome! Best wishes to you with this card and growing it to your desired limit! 

Message 9 of 11
DatBoiQuick
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval and nice recon dp!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.