Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Denial — Update: Approved

tag
roniram
Regular Contributor

Chase Ink Denial — Update: Approved

I was recently denied a Chase Ink Business credit card after receiving an invitation. I have decent scores, income is 120k, and I already have a Chase Freedom personal credit card. I've only had 2 new cards in the last 24 months.

Recently, after several years of having balances carried, I was able to pay my credit cards down to a utilization level of 3%. And I'm trying to obtain higher credit limit cards. The highest I have is a 10k Capital Venture card. Recently obtained a 6.6k NFCU Platinum (recon denied higher level).

Also been denied for recent CLIs with Amex, Chase, or Capital One.

Any idea as to why I don't qualify for higher credit line cards?

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Denial

@roniram wrote:

I was recently denied a Chase Ink Business credit card after receiving an invitation. I have decent scores, income is 120k, and I already have a Chase Freedom personal credit card. I've only had 2 new cards in the last 24 months.

Recently, after several years of having balances carried, I was able to pay my credit cards down to a utilization level of 3%. And I'm trying to obtain higher credit limit cards. The highest I have is a 10k Capital Venture card. Recently obtained a 6.6k NFCU Platinum (recon denied higher level).

Also been denied for recent CLIs with Amex, Chase, or Capital One.

Any idea as to why I don't qualify for higher credit line cards?

Not enough information provided to guess. 

What were your denial reasons? 

Message 2 of 8
roniram
Regular Contributor

Amex said: Number of creditors who have reviewed my credit report (um "two)
The balances on your credit and/or charge card account are high relative to your income (um...no)
Credit report indicates your payment history has been unsatisfactory....also not true

balances on your credit card account are high in relation to their credit limits....also not true.

Not sure if it is reading information prior to paying off my balances.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Message 3 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@roniram wrote:

Amex said: Number of creditors who have reviewed my credit report (um "two)
The balances on your credit and/or charge card account are high relative to your income (um...no)
Credit report indicates your payment history has been unsatisfactory....also not true

balances on your credit card account are high in relation to their credit limits....also not true.

Not sure if it is reading information prior to paying off my balances.

Amex uses existing SP credit report for CLI (can lag well over 30 days) so most likely the report they used still had the high balances. Wait 90 days and try again. 

Message 4 of 8
roniram
Regular Contributor

Well, that explains a lot. I understood it was a soft pull, but I thought it was a current soft pull.

I decided to call Chase and they just stated it was a credit freeze issue. Just approved me for an 18k line. 😬

Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@roniram wrote:

Well, that explains a lot. I understood it was a soft pull, but I thought it was a current soft pull.

I decided to call Chase and they just stated it was a credit freeze issue. Just approved me for an 18k line. 😬

Glad it was simple to resolveSmiley Happy  ...Congratulations on your Chase approval!

Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Denial — Update: Approved

Congrats for your approval

Message 7 of 8
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Denial — Update: Approved

Congrats on your Chase Ink approval!

|  
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.