Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink I don't know what to think

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink I don't know what to think

As some of you may know Dw and I have owned current biz for 15 years plus or minus. We had decided to upgrade from C1 Spark to Chase Ink.  Our Spark had a $16K limit but we are leaving money on the table.  Applied for Chase  Ink. Got 30 day message on line. Then in yesterday' s   mail get letter requesting us to verifi 1) Name of business 2) Tax id 3) physical adress.   DW and I are not happy. She is ready to give it up. We have a D&B rating. Our biz has 2 websites plus multiple videos on You Tube.  We are subcontractors for multiple governmnent agencies and Fortune 500 companies including Chase. Our office is in downtown Small Town in an office condo park where we have been located for the past 4 years just down the street from old location of past 10 years before that.  The letter came from Fraud department. They pulled both DW Equifax and Exp with her scores at 747    and 760 respectfully. Do think just a quick call can solve this and possibly email/fax it some one or do I really have to mail it?  This is for the birds.  Any thoughts?  

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Ink I don't know what to think

I don't know...maybe I'm just naive.  But I just don't understand why people get upset because lenders want to verify that the people they are loaning money to are actually the ones who applied. 

It seems to me that if more lenders verified in advance ID theft would be much more difficult.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree completely.

It's not really a big deal. If you did everything they asked and then they asked for more information and implied that what you provided (exactly what they asked for) was not adequate, then I could understand your frustration.

On the flip side, let's say someone else put in the application and Chase didn't verify their identity, would you not be pissed? Certainly much more so than if they did ask for verification and the person still somehow fooled them...
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I understand somewhat your frustration but have to agree with the other posters.  What they are asking for isn't unreasonable and should be very easy for you to provide.  Submit the documents/proof that they need and enjoy your new card.  Not worth getting upset over something pretty common and simple.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks irish and all, To a certain extent I am glad chase is careful. But why I am stressed is 1) We are a chase vendor and know several of the SVP'S  2) We get from time to time Chase mail pieces for our biz. 3) We have not moved biz in years and have a good D&B paydex score.     I will call them Monday and see if I can just fax it it.  What I have for them 1) Print out from sec of state showing active biz 2) copy of our state lisc  3) Copy of of general liability dec showing address  4) envelope addressed to office postmarked last Thursday 5) W-9  6) copy of last chase mail piece     Since Cap 1 just bumped our Spark card to $16K limit what should I ask for $20K from Chase ?  We have been wanting this card for a long time and it last one on our list  Can anyone think of any thing to give them? 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a copy of your tax ID from the IRS? If so, give them a copy of that. And give them a copy of your lease or the first page or something. That should satisfy all three requests...
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our lease is 4 years old.  It has been month to month now for 3 years. I can get a letter from the IRS in the morning I hope.  

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started digging through  inches of dust in the bottom of the safe and found the IRS letter giving us TAx Id number and our lease.  So now good to go 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So get a letter from your landlord also. All set.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the card give them what they want.

What's on your EQ and EX business reports?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.