Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink I don't know what to think

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ink I don't know what to think

I can't recall .  I use to know our paydex score because they were what the government used when became a vendor.  We have mostly soft costs and carry no invenory so only our two biz credit cards report on our D&B.    

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks irish and all, To a certain extent I am glad chase is careful. But why I am stressed is 1) We are a chase vendor and know several of the SVP'S  2) We get from time to time Chase mail pieces for our biz. 3) We have not moved biz in years and have a good D&B paydex score.     I will call them Monday and see if I can just fax it it.  What I have for them 1) Print out from sec of state showing active biz 2) copy of our state lisc  3) Copy of of general liability dec showing address  4) envelope addressed to office postmarked last Thursday 5) W-9  6) copy of last chase mail piece     Since Cap 1 just bumped our Spark card to $16K limit what should I ask for $20K from Chase ?  We have been wanting this card for a long time and it last one on our list  Can anyone think of any thing to give them? 

I get why you're miffed.  It's unfortunate that you have to provide the verification when others do not especially given that you have an established business.  I was able to get a $35K limit Ink Plus as a SP and didn't need to give them anything.  That's been close to 2 years ago and I think that Chase has tightened up their business lending.  I'd just hate to see you lose out getting one of their cards as they offer some of the better ones.  Yeah you have to jump thru some hoops but the end result will be you getting a great business card and down the road you'll probably forget about the extra work you have to go thru to get the card.  I'd say good luck but I'm sure you'll end up wiht a nice approval.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did that SP approval come about? Was there other application activity on that day or a day very close to it? Did you have an existing small business credit card account when you applied? Do you have any personal experience with applying for a personal and small business card from Chase on the same day?
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How did that SP approval come about? Was there other application activity on that day or a day very close to it? Did you have an existing small business credit card account when you applied? Do you have any personal experience with applying for a personal and small business card from Chase on the same day?

I think I might have been a bit confusing.  i didn't mean Soft Pull approval, I meant Sole Proprietorship.  As for your last question, yes I do.  On the same day that I applied and was approved for the Ink Plus for $35K, I applied for the United Explorer and was declined for 'too recent Chase accounts' or something to that effect.  This was when 5/24 first came about and I never did recon the denial which I probably should have done.  They hard pulled for each application.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ours is just a little more complicated than a sole prop.  

Message 15 of 23
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks irish and all, To a certain extent I am glad chase is careful. But why I am stressed is 1) We are a chase vendor and know several of the SVP'S  2) We get from time to time Chase mail pieces for our biz. 3) We have not moved biz in years and have a good D&B paydex score.     I will call them Monday and see if I can just fax it it.  What I have for them 1) Print out from sec of state showing active biz 2) copy of our state lisc  3) Copy of of general liability dec showing address  4) envelope addressed to office postmarked last Thursday 5) W-9  6) copy of last chase mail piece     Since Cap 1 just bumped our Spark card to $16K limit what should I ask for $20K from Chase ?  We have been wanting this card for a long time and it last one on our list  Can anyone think of any thing to give them? 

I think that this is just Chase going through a normal manual review process.  I understand that your view of your relationship with Chase is different than the process that you are currently seeing played out.  Have you asked your business manager to step in?  A business manager can potentially set this process on a different trajectory.  Good luck. 

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't bank with chase they are just a regular client. Our department has nothing to do with credit cards. 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't recall .  I use to know our paydex score because they were what the government used when became a vendor.  We have mostly soft costs and carry no invenory so only our two biz credit cards report on our D&B.    

It might be a good idea to update yourself on the state of your business credit reports if you are applying for business credit.

Neither of your two biz cards report to D&B.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our biz cards report to D&B 

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for my CSP and my Ink Plus at the same time two years ago. One of the applications didn't stick (I don't remember which one) and I had to apply for the other one the next morning. Both were ultimately instantly approved. They blamed the issue on my browser remembering the previous application or something like that.

My plan is to apply for both cards I want back to back. I'll potentially use my phone and my computer so there is no issue with the browser. I've both worried and not worried about the outcome of the apps. I just don't want to do something that is definitely going to fail because of some immediate systematic "don't apply for two cards immediately at the same time" rule...
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.