Did you mean: 

Chase Ink approval and rant

tag
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink approval and rant

@GApeachy wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I wonder if Chase would let me prepay a few thousand into the card and then run the full purchase on it (and give me the SUB for that).

I would also wonder if Chase would deny future subs on future cards if you did that. (food for thought)  I really have no idea but that popped into my head.

Maybe if you explain to the company/individual whom you're purchasing this large ticket item from that you're chasing a sub that maybe  they'd comply, make some provision.

I was stuck in this position, even worse because Chase set my limit to $3k for my Business Unlimited.

What I ended up doing is having to pay it off several times, waiting until the payoff fully processed until I could throw more on the card which sometimes required 3 business days.

I don't understand why Chase gives their business clients a 3, 4, 5k line when a bank will give you 10,000 dollar unsecured loan without a job in some cases. The minimum should be 10k and up from there if you have a lot of revenue.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 11 of 16
SG43
Regular Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I wonder if Chase would let me prepay a few thousand into the card and then run the full purchase on it (and give me the SUB for that).

I would also wonder if Chase would deny future subs on future cards if you did that. (food for thought)  I really have no idea but that popped into my head.

Maybe if you explain to the company/individual whom you're purchasing this large ticket item from that you're chasing a sub that maybe  they'd comply, make some provision.

I was stuck in this position, even worse because Chase set my limit to $3k for my Business Unlimited.

What I ended up doing is having to pay it off several times, waiting until the payoff fully processed until I could throw more on the card which sometimes required 3 business days.

I don't understand why Chase gives their business clients a 3, 4, 5k line when a bank will give you 10,000 dollar unsecured loan without a job in some cases. The minimum should be 10k and up from there if you have a lot of revenue.

when you hit 6m+ did you get an auto CLI or are you still stuck at 3-5k SL?

Open Installments - Nfcu Auto (51% Left)
Closed Installments - Cap 1 Auto, Chase Auto, Prosperity Bank Secured
Closed Revolvers - Nfcu Plat V, NFCU Plat MC, Citi Simp, Citi DC, Citi DP, Cap1 Plat, Cap1 V1, Chase FU, First Premier, Capital1 Quicksilver, BBVA/PNC Points, Apple Card GS, Discover IT
Closed Busi - Amex BBC & BBP (Chopping block: Amex Prime, Sapphire Reserve [pyb changes])
Message 12 of 16
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Yep... almost every Amex BBP approval I've seen was for $9K... and they let you transfer credit from personal cards.  I guess I expected Chase to be similar, especially given the spend requirement for the SUB is so high, and they're known for giving out big limits on the personal side, as they did for me.

It's OK though.  I have a plan to meet the SUB by making partial payments on my big purchase, so it'll work out.

Message 13 of 16
elixerin
Established Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your Chase Ink approval . . . it took me several years to rebuild my personal credit and I'm just starting to build my business credit. Amex approved my business for the Platinum card so I'm excited. I recently read a post that listed which banks report business card activity on business credit reports . . . It seems that Chase does HPs for all requests so I haven't requested a CLI for that reason.  If you are trying to build your business credit, I think how the creditor reports the card activity is important as I don't want business activity reporting on my personal credit file. I'll try to attach the link . . . best wishes!!!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Which-Bank-Biz-Cards-Report-To-Biz-Credit-Reports/t...

thanks for this

Message 14 of 16
maxchurn
Valued Member

Why did you think it'd be in your favor to add more hits when your credit was just pulled to determine your current terms? 

Message 15 of 16
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@SG43 wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

when you hit 6m+ did you get an auto CLI or are you still stuck at 3-5k SL?

My SL on my CIU was 3,000. I paid that off and they increased my line to 6,000.

Now I haven't paid off the 6,000 yet but I will in another month or so then I can see what happens.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.