Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink is def sensitive to recent new PLOC

tag
Jwagner
Valued Member

Chase Ink is def sensitive to recent new PLOC

personal credit cards to be specific.  

Was debating on whether to purchase a piece of equipment for one of my shops (and put it on personal credit), figured maybe see about a business Ink card (already have a relationship with Chase).    Got the standard 30 day review screen online, called the front line and asked if there's anything they'd like to ask/know while I'm still sitting here.  "No sir, but we do show you app as declined".  Said TY, and hung up.

Called the business Recon # and the sole reason for decline is "too many new accounts in the last 2 years".  I recently in the last few months opened an NFCU Visa, a Amex Delta Gold and a Propel (even though I hate my WF Bank... still scratching my head why I did).

Fair enough I suppose.  There wasn't any grilling about the business, income, SS4, (wouldn't have mattered... it's not like it's not legit - lol) or anything else, just "too many new personal accounts". 

(Even though I have multiple locations, it's still a sole prop., hence needing my SSN).

Recon lady was really nice, laughed when she caught me off guard answering the phone, it never even got a chance to ring.  

options are either just wait it out (if I still actually want / need) the card down the road and haven't app'd any new cards, or INC and remove my personal connection to the company - but that would start a whole new clock on business credit background, D&B rating, etc

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ink is def sensitive to recent new PLOC

Sorry to hear about the decline. Have you opened more than 5 revolving credit accounts in last 2 years?  The Ink like most of the Chase cards is subject to 5/24 and almost always will result in an automatic decline.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already have a relationship with Chase, is it a business relationship?

If not, create one by setting up an appointment with a business relationship manager at a branch.

If you have a legit business with decent revenue, they want your business and will work to get it.

They've been working to get mine away from BoA

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for the Ink card as well and was denied becuase of 5/24. I'm technically 4/24 but the 5th card was a marriot that I applied for and was approved,  but canceled immediatly. They still count it as a new card.. It was a real bummer. I just ran $16k through my Amex that they would have gotten. Tried telling Both Relationship manager and recon dept that, but still a hard decline. 

Oh well. 

Message 4 of 8
Jwagner
Valued Member

actually I have.  i'm right at the 5/24. 

goes to 4/24 on Dec15 and then 3/24 May2-18

I have CSP - and it's great, the Ink can just wait until May or so

Message 5 of 8
Jwagner
Valued Member

I have 2 (businesses), I've considered switching to Chase.  The primary holdback to date has simply been the lack of available brick and morter locations where I live.

(I have WF - and like most people - I can't stand them)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jwagner wrote:

The primary holdback to date has simply been the lack of available brick and morter locations where I live.

(I have WF - and like most people - I can't stand them)

Similar situation here.  Plenty of Chase branches where I live, but none where my business is headquartered.

I use BoA primarily for business and while they have been good to me, they haven't been great to me.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can a Chase Business Relationship Manager do for me?

Also regarding the 5/24 rule.  How do they count it?  What about business cards?  I noticed a lot of my biz cards don't report anywhere.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.