Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Business Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott Business Approval

Applied for this card last year and was denied due to 'number of Chase accounts' or something like that.  Never did call for a recon which I should have done.  Applied Saturday night and checked the automated app status line couple times and got the 30 day message each time until little while ago when it turned to an approval.  Earlier this morning I got s call from a number that I didn't recognize so didn't answer and no message was left.  Googled the number and it was from Chase's verification department. No other calls came in.

Approved for $10K which isn't great but that makes my overall exposure with them to $87.5K ($45K business across 2 cards and $42.5K over 4 cards on personal side).  APR is the lowest at 16.99%.  Double pulled EX and EQ as Chase always does for my applications.  FICO scores for both are low 800s.

80K points will go nicely with what I already have. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Business Approval

wow congrats! I tried for this last year with the same result as well but you've given me hope. In a few months once I am ready to work on sign-up-bonus spend again i will give it a try. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!! 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow congrats! I tried for this last year with the same result as well but you've given me hope. In a few months once I am ready to work on sign-up-bonus spend again i will give it a try. 

Thanks and I'd definitely try again when you're ready.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!! 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats.    Confused about something that you said you only had 42.5K on  personal side with Chase🤔

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats.    Confused about something that you said you only had 42.5K on  personal side with Chase🤔

Thanks and yup, that's all on personal; $10K on Hyatt, $10K on Ritz, $5500 on Freedom and $17K on CSR.  They did give me $35k on Ink Plus but they've always been tough to deal for me because of that ridiculous 1993 chargeoff with a WAMU account that me ex wife opened without my knowledge and defaulted on during our divorce. I havent really tried for any other personal cards or ever aksed for any CLIs.  Only other personal card that I want is the United but 5/24 does me in.  G/f has FU card so we're covered X4 for UR earning cards.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Thanks and yup, that's all on personal; $10K on Hyatt, $10K on Ritz, $5500 on Freedom and $17K on CSR.  They did give me $35k on Ink Plus but they've always been tough to deal for me because of that ridiculous 1993 chargeoff with a WAMU account that me ex wife opened without my knowledge and defaulted on during our divorce. I havent really tried for any other personal cards or ever aksed for any CLIs.  Only other personal card that I want is the United but 5/24 does me in.  G/f has FU card so we're covered X4 for UR earning cards.

You're still getting rain over the 1993 charge off...with WAMU? wow!!! 

Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats @Anonymous . ..  Had to out-do me didn't ya Smiley Happy..  Nicely done and 80k points yummy yum.. BTW see the plastiq MC promo for mortgage going on 3 payments 1.5%.  Kinda off subject, but figure you might have another spend to meet or could use AA miles lol.

Message 9 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

You're still getting rain over the 1993 charge off...with WAMU? wow!!! 

Chase has the longest memory I probably know.. Possibly longer than Amex's..  Even with banks they acquire which sucks as mine was with providian (paid off in 1990) from 1990 that never allows for instant approvals with myself.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.