Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Small Business Card Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Small Business Card Blacklist

I burned Chase about 15 years ago when my employer went under and my finances took a hit.  I have rebuilt my finances since then and my credit rating now is strong.  Among my personal credit cards, I have or have had the "Chase trifecta" as well as all three Chase cards that earn Avios, and have charged and paid several hundred thousand dollars on those cards over the past few years with no late payments.

I would like to add a small business card or two to the mix, as the majority of those charges were business expenses.  When I applied last summer, I was told I was a few weeks short of getting out from underneath the 5/24 rule, but that I would be approved when that expired because there was no other impediment on my file.  However, when I reapplied several months later, I was rejected based on the long-ago default.

What are Chase's underwriting/blacklisting standards for small business cards?  Is it easier to get a co-branded card rather than one of the "Ink" cards?  I would have thought that since they approved me for the Sapphire Reserve, I would be able to get anything, but apparently that isn't the case.  Does anyone have any ideas for getting off the small business blacklist?  I'd be inclined to tell Chase to f--- off, but they have some good programs so I'd rather beat them at their own game.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Small Business Card Blacklist

The UW is handled a little differently for the biz side OP. Were any Chase biz cards burned as well besides personal? Or, was it only on the personal side?

If anything you can try reaching out to a biz lending analyst to see whether your application can be reconsidered. That would be an option unless you've already tried that approach and the denial stuck.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

FinStar,

Thx for the response. I’m new and not familiar with your terms. What does “UW” mean? And “OP”?
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

UW = Underwriting

OP = Original Poster

For a quick reference on the terminology used around these forums, click on the following > Common Abbreviations.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.