Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Chase To Launch Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Card On August 26th

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase To Launch Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Card On August 26th

Looks like they’re bringing it inline with the personal card.

Might be a forced upgrade with no bonus like the personal upgrade had

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like how Doctor of Credit said business Chase Marriott cards were going away and SPG Amex personal were going away and neither of them are true.  Just received the Marriott business 2 days ago. I will be angry if the bonus is 100k for the business in August. 

Message 3 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

I'm not sure what to do now. I'm over 5/24. The current marriott business card is not subject to 5/24. Have no idea if the new one will be subject to 5/24. Also, not sure if the offer for the one now is better or it will be better on 8/26. It seems like there is a good chance that if you get it now then you won't get the SUB on the new card later since it seems like they will be treated like same product.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

I'm not sure what to do now. I'm over 5/24. The current marriott business card is not subject to 5/24. Have no idea if the new one will be subject to 5/24. Also, not sure if the offer for the one now is better or it will be better on 8/26. It seems like there is a good chance that if you get it now then you won't get the SUB on the new card later since it seems like they will be treated like same product.

It will be the same for the Premier as well regarding 5/24.  It will be just like the personal version in that you can only get it as an upgrade so they won’t be separate cards.  However like the personal versions they may offer 10-50k Reward points to upgrade.  I certainly hope so.

Message 5 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

It will be the same for the Premier as well regarding 5/24.  It will be just like the personal version in that you can only get it as an upgrade so they won’t be separate cards.  However like the personal versions they may offer 10-50k Reward points to upgrade.  I certainly hope so.

I don't understand you said you can only get it as an upgrade? Does that mean the card I apply for now will be the same card I can get when this card comes out? Or do you mean its only available as an upgrade for those who already have the marriott card and new apps will get the latest card? If its the prior then it would make sense to pick up the marriott card now and hope they offer an extra bonus to upgrade when the new version comes out?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Are you trying to say you can't have the old one and get the new one (business versions)? 

Message 7 of 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

The way it looks now is that the new card will be a replacement.

The personal card came with an option to upgrade with a varied SUB.

The way I read the article is that the new BUSINESS card will automatically change to the new scheme.

I could be wrong though

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.