Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase biz cards affect 5/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase biz cards affect 5/24

Just a DP here but applied for the Hyatt card yesterday with 4/24 when they pulled EX.  However, I was denied the Hyatt card because I was at 5/24 as the analyst said that I had also recently opened the Ink Unlimited card 2 months back.  Her line was "too many new cards in the past two year", their way of saying 5/24.  So points about biz cards not showing up in credit report are true, just not when it comes to Chase biz cards and applying for personal. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase biz cards affect 5/24

Disagree with your assessment. You are denied for velocity/profile. Not 5/24. 

I have been 4/24 for awhile and received two Chase Inks while at 5/24. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

this was applying for a personal and not ink card, her line of too many cards in 2 years is the standard 5/24 line that chase refuses to acknowledge.   applying for a personal 2 months after biz card is not velocity.

Message 3 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

this was applying for a personal and not ink card, her line of too many cards in 2 years is the standard 5/24 line that chase refuses to acknowledge.   applying for a personal 2 months after biz card is not velocity.

There's countless of data points that show business cards do not affect 5/24. Chase just did not like your particular profile unfortunately.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I have an inquiry, but I have no experience or wisdom regarding Chase business cards to know if this is likely. 

I've read over the years about Chase's 5/24 rule. If I understand correctly, most business cards usually don't count towards this simply because they don't appear on your personal credit report when it is pulled and the accounts are tallied. I've also read that business cards that do appear on your personal credit report such as Capital One is counted towards 5/24. 

Since Chase is concerned with the total number of new accounts (for some profiles), isn't it possible that by using the information available to them, meaning their own internal systems, they they did count the new business card when calculating 5/24? Again, I don't know either way but I'd love to hear what you think. I plan to apply for an Ink card later this year or next and have always found the myFICO community to be very helpful. 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have an inquiry, but I have no experience or wisdom regarding Chase business cards to know if this is likely. 

I've read over the years about Chase's 5/24 rule. If I understand correctly, most business cards usually don't count towards this simply because they don't appear on your personal credit report when it is pulled and the accounts are tallied. I've also read that business cards that do appear on your personal credit report such as Capital One is counted towards 5/24. 

Since Chase is concerned with the total number of new accounts (for some profiles), isn't it possible that by using the information available to them, meaning their own internal systems, they they did count the new business card when calculating 5/24? Again, I don't know either way but I'd love to hear what you think. I plan to apply for an Ink card later this year or next and have always found the myFICO community to be very helpful. 

Thank you. 

I have applied to two consecutive business cards while being at 5/24 in a few month time period. So in my experience and from what I have read, no they do not include their own business cards at 5/24. Velocity maybe, 5/24? No.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh. That is helpful. Thank you. 

Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you. 

I have applied to two consecutive business cards while being at 5/24 in a few month time period. So in my experience and from what I have read, no they do not include their own business cards at 5/24. Velocity maybe, 5/24? No.

Actually there are DPs on Reddit and FT where this may happen, but it's rare.  It depends on where the application lands during manual review.  These cases are rare, though, but I would suggest that it's YEMV.  And, while your 2 scenarios played out ok, there is no set-in stone policy @randomguy1, so nothing is absolute.  An UW can easily dig deeper.  Just like any senior UW can override Chase BK policy (in rare situations) where in most cases it's an automatic decline.  A variety of reported DPs exist. 

I personally have been fine with biz applications bypassing 5/24, and I'm sure it went through it's own review (I never called), but it was due through an offer online (black stars)

Message 8 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you. 

Actually there are DPs on Reddit and FT where this may happen, but it's rare.  It depends on where the application lands during manual review.  These cases are rare, though, but I would suggest that it's YEMV.  And, while your 2 scenarios played out ok, there is no set-in stone policy @randomguy1, so nothing is absolute.  An UW can easily dig deeper.  Just like any senior UW can override Chase BK policy (in rare situations) where in most cases it's an automatic decline.  A variety of reported DPs exist. 

I personally have been fine with biz applications bypassing 5/24, and I'm sure it went through it's own review (I never called), but it was due through an offer online (black stars)

That's a good and relevant point. Not much enough data to be conclusive but any additional data is always good. I will note that my two Chase approvals were instant approvals that did not need manual review by a UW.

Message 9 of 11
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Was your black star fixed apr?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.