cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase business CC and personal relationship?

tag
Swatch
Frequent Contributor

Chase business CC and personal relationship?

I want to apply for a Chase business CC. I read that a guy was told he'd be approved for the CC only if he opened a new business account and placed a minimum amount on deposit. Would having a personal savings account with money on deposit would influence the Chase business approval? Or would they probably not care about that and say I needed to open a business account?

I do AZEO.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase business CC and personal relationship?

@Swatch wrote:

I want to apply for a Chase business CC. I read that a guy was told he'd be approved for the CC only if he opened a new business account and placed a minimum amount on deposit. Would having a personal savings account with money on deposit would influence the Chase business approval? Or would they probably not care about that and say I needed to open a business account?

I don't think having some money in a savings account would make any difference unless you parked a substantial amount of money with them (as in millions).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, opening a business checking account is not necessarily a guarantee of a biz CC approval, regardless of the deposit amount.

There's a variety of factors that Chase tends to look for whenever you decide to apply.  One of the main ones is that you're below the 5/24 threshold.  If you decide to open a business checking account, you can always check with your banker to determine whether there are any pre-approved biz CC offers.

Message 3 of 6
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Swatch wrote:

I have a Chase business CC, without a chase business account. Or any other Chase account. We didnt even have a Chase bank in my area till recently. 

Message 4 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I don't think a business checking account would hurt only because I have seen people list a decline relationship for lack of a business depository account. I wish I rememebered the exact verbiage.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Since Covid, the business does need to be over 24 months old.

No relationship is needed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.