Chase ink Business Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase ink Business Unlimited

25th, applied - over a holiday weekend, what was I thinking

28th AM - 30 day notice, groovy, someone looked at it

28th PM - 7 - 10 day notice Smiley Frustrated

Called - transfered 3 times and finally told they need proof of the business address and proof of the EIN.  Little surprised, the business has been open and paying taxes for 9 years.  I don't have the copy of the EIN letter any longer, volunteered to submit Sched A and C of 2018 taxes, they declined stating that it MUST be the IRS letter

28th PM - Call the IRS - 800-829-4933, on hold for an hour, I was asked 5 questions from them to validate that I owned the company, and the IRS faxed the form while I was still on the call.

28th PM - Faxed the documentation to Chase

29th AM - back to 30 day notice - wow, that was a fast turn from the fax machine to getting in to the application process again

29th lunch - back to 7-10 days Smiley Mad Really?  I have a Freedom Unlimited and a CSP, it isn't like they don't know me, they just gave me a unrequested 2500.00 CLI on the CSP 2 weeks ago

29th afternoon - Called again - only 2 internal transfers this time. Mr. NavyChief52 the application says 123 Main Street N but the IRS says 123 Main Street.  The addresses don't match.  Smiley Surprised Me: Can you just take the "N" off the app then.  The postal service hasn't cared in the 17 years that I've lived here if the "N" was present or not.  (I own 2 businesses, this one is the smaller of the 2 and is home based) Chase: Sure

Congrats Mr NavyChief52, you've been approved for the Chase ink Business Unlimited with a 14K credit limit, I can express mail the card to you at no charge.

31st - Card Arrives

They pulled both EX and EQ

EQ was 759 at time of pull, EX was at 781

EQ utilization at 8%, (one card had not updated yet), EX at 4%

2 point hit for the pull

4/5 for card approvals past 24

9 year old LLC, State registered as a LLC

Income ~150K

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase ink Business Unlimited

Nice story.....glad it had a positive ending.

About half way through I was getting the feeling it wasn't going to be positive.

And as far as apping right before a holiday weekend I learned the same valuable lesson not to also......I app'd the Thursday night before Memorial Day for an Amex Biz.....and it went to review......and had to wait 4 days before it could even possibly be looked at....lol.

Not doing that again.

Congrats !!

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool story, Chief. You deserve an A+ for perserverence. Congrats!

Message 3 of 6
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

As I was reading it, I thought it wasn’t going to be a happy ending but I’m glad it was. 😀

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a similar story unfolding for a Chase Business unlimited card. Luckily I found an old irs ein letter in my email so faxing now. Will report back. I assume if they are asking for this information it's not a hard no.

Question, My business address has changed since the IRS EIN letter; will that be an issue?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.smallbiz.com/Howto/notify-IRS-of-changes-to-EIN

I'd think that they will want the name and address you applied for to map to the EIN. Recall that in my case the street address was exactly the same, my app had a direction modifier "N" and the IRS letter didn't and Chase wouldn't process it unless I removed the direction modifier on my app.

If you've already filed taxes with the new address, call the IRS number I posted and ask for a new letter.  It was all same day when I called.  They faxed the letter to me while still on the phone.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.