cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase personal blacklist impact on potential business account.

tag
kboxer

Chase personal blacklist impact on potential business account.

I realize a million posts have been written about the infamous Chase blacklist but I need to add another one. I had 2 Chase credit cards that were closed in 2018. Later, I agreed to a settlement with Chase that was negotiated by a commercial 3rd party. The final payment to Chase was in 2021 and the settlement plan was completed. Fast forward to today and I’ve been perfect with my credit since that time. My Vantage 3.0 is 751 – 759 depending on the CRA and my FICO is 718 according to Citi.  

With that backdrop established, I have two questions. 

1) Most importantly, how does my personal history with Chase affect a potential business account with Chase and the likelihood of acquiring a Chase business card?  

2) I realize I’ll likely never get a Chase Sapphire or Reserve card but is there a consensus as to the likelihood of acquiring a co-branded card through Chase and is there a recognized pathway to that end? 

In closing, thank-you for any input. It’s very much appreciated and I’m grateful for it. This forum, and the people in it, has been a monumental aid to me for several years. 

3 REPLIES 3
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase personal blacklist impact on potential business account.

@kboxer wrote:

I realize a million posts have been written about the infamous Chase blacklist but I need to add another one. I had 2 Chase credit cards that were closed in 2018. Later, I agreed to a settlement with Chase that was negotiated by a commercial 3rd party. The final payment to Chase was in 2021 and the settlement plan was completed. Fast forward to today and I’ve been perfect with my credit since that time. My Vantage 3.0 is 751 – 759 depending on the CRA and my FICO is 718 according to Citi.  

1) Most importantly, how does my personal history with Chase affect a potential business account with Chase and the likelihood of acquiring a Chase business card?  

2) I realize I’ll likely never get a Chase Sapphire or Reserve card but is there a consensus as to the likelihood of acquiring a co-branded card through Chase and is there a recognized pathway to that end? 

In closing, thank-you for any input. It’s very much appreciated and I’m grateful for it. This forum, and the people in it, has been a monumental aid to me for several years. 

Since all Chase Ink business cards are a PG and pull your personal credit, on one hand your personal history with them may likely play a role as well. With that being said, since you've settled your past account you shouldn't be on their blacklist. However, there's at least one member here who has a very good relationship with Chase consumer side as well as a long history of business banking, and as he puts it, can't get approved for an Ink card if he stood on his head. You might consider at some point just pulling the trigger by applying to find out. They're likely to double pull you (EX and TU) and although I've seen people get approvals with FICO scores in the 680s, your chances are better with 700+. 

As far as co-branded cards such as the Amazon Prime Visa, their UW criteria is different, such as their 5/24 rule being relaxed etc... 

Best of luck! 

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kboxer wrote:

I think it's likely that it will be an impediment to getting an Ink card, but you never know until you try.

The co-branded cards, on both personal and business sides, are likely to have a lower bar to entry.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 4
kboxer

Thank-you Joe Rockhead and South Jamaica! I appreciate the insight. I'll probably pull the trigger on a Chase card after November (giving the settlement one more year to fade into the background a little bit). We'll see how it goes. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.