Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron/Texaco Business Access Approval - No PG

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Chevron/Texaco Business Access Approval - No PG

I followed @M_Smart007 to this account last month...they have 2 options, business and business access.  The differences are minor and if you stay "in network" then there are apparently "no fees" from what I've read online.  I'll need to keep an eye on that as I don't need fees to buy gas, I'll just use another card that gets better rewards.  Though in my quest to get business credit established, I wanted to get another account for Fuel.  After applying, was notified that my application was under review...just like last time.  

Again, like last time, I was asked to provide verification of my business through another means of existing credit so I provided my recent AMEX statement.  Last time I did this, they asked me for a PG and I declined.  They even called to speak with me and I explained I wasn't going to provide that so they cancelled my app.  Well, persistence paid off!!  Submitted again this month, same process...asked for verification, again provided new AMEX statement and when they asked about a PG, I declined.  This time, they asked for my D&B number.  I provided that and my account was approved.  As you'll see, I have no idea how much credit they've extended but it's not important really....it was more important to get another trade line reporting.

Thanks @M_Smart007 

Chevron.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Chevron/Texaco Business Access Approval - No PG

It was approved for my business few months ago. No PG and did not ask for ID. Credit Limit approved is $800.00 I don't use that much gas so given limit is okay for me. 

Message 2 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Are there any monthly maintenance fees with this account ?

Message 3 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

No, no there are no fees associated with the Texaco account type I chose. Other Texaco accounts might have. Not sure. To be honest I am not sure why I got this account. There is no rewards or cash back.  If I am close to home I have been using Walmart Community card at Sams Club for Gas. When I am away from home, I like using the ATOB Gas card with which I would get 5cents back for each gallon. Both cards report to D&B and Business Credit Agencies.

Message 4 of 11
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 5 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Congrats!

Are there any monthly maintenance fees with this account ?

This account @4sallypat does not have any monthly fees.  Their website mentions a fee if you go outside their network of $2.00/transaction.  At that point, I would just use another card. This card gets $.06/gallon back.  I'll report back if something pops up...

Message 6 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Their website mentions a fee if you go outside their network of $2.00/transaction. 

That's why I cancelled my app for BP Solutions.....we don't have any stations in their network.  The problem is CSR's don't always mention this fee (some honestly are unaware of it) so hopefully other's coming here and reading these posts will see this "out-of-network" fee that happens  not only on this fuel card but others as well.

Congrats on your biz tl pickup!

Thumbs Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge,

Congratulations on your Approval.

Sorry for the late reply .. somehow missed this oneSmiley Tongue

If you don't mind sharing, what SL did you end up with?

Message 8 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge,

Congratulations on your Approval.

Sorry for the late reply .. somehow missed this oneSmiley Tongue

If you don't mind sharing, what SL did you end up with?

I received notification once the cards hit the mail.  I was approved for $5000 @M_Smart007 

Considering they had declined me the month before when I attempted to apply after you, I'm pretty happy.  I looked on the master reproting grid and can't tell if WEX reports this card anywhere.  Have you seen any alerts or notifications on your card reporting anywhere?

Chevron.png

Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge, Thanks.

Pretty sure they report quarterly?

I know a rep told me once,

if you stop using it, they stop reporting? .. (I do not know how true that is?)

I am pretty sure mine is now reporting.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.