Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double MasterCard Denied Due to Previous or existing account history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Double MasterCard Denied Due to Previous or existing account history

I applied for a CItiBank Mastercard for my business I have a 735 EX and they hit my credit and then denied me.  All the items on my report is good nothing bad.  Not sure what they are saying when they say previous or existing account history of late payments.  I dnt have anything on current reports.  Do they go other places to get data points?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Double MasterCard Denied Due to Previous or existing account history

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a CItiBank Mastercard for my business I have a 735 EX and they hit my credit and then denied me.  All the items on my report is good nothing bad.  Not sure what they are saying when they say previous or existing account history of late payments.  I dnt have anything on current reports.  Do they go other places to get data points?

Do you know if they also pulled a biz CR ?

Ever had lates on a biz account ?

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you apply for a business card with them they look at old stuff in their own records that no longer appears in your credit report.

If they ever forgive ancient missteps, that I do not know.

Just realized OP applied for a Double Cash MC, which is not a business card. Sorry about that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 5
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@jaxstraw 

The Citi Double Cash is not a business card. I know you know that. Citi would only pull consumer credit. 

@SeanBro

Follow up with Citi and find out more. What existing account of late payments are they refering to? Get them on the phone. Citi is normally pretty good in that respect and will talk openly about your denial after you've received your letter compared to other banks. 

bizcredit11

Message 4 of 5
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

@jaxstraw 

The Citi Double Cash is not a business card. I know you know that. Citi would only pull consumer credit. 

@SeanBro

Follow up with Citi and find out more. What existing account of late payments are they refering to? Get them on the phone. Citi is normally pretty good in that respect and will talk openly about your denial after you've received your letter compared to other banks. 

bizcredit11

The OP says in his original post it was applied for his business.

Something doesn't add up if a Double Cash is a personal card.

Maybe this is the reason for denial.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.