Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi backed business card - Approved $2.5k no PG

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Citi backed business card - Approved $2.5k no PG

Wondering about Citi cards, HD, Staples, Exxon Mobil etc.  I see that you can go through and select the no PG but they still want your SS for "identity" reasons.  Anyone applied lately?  Did they pull your personal credit?

I was going to go for the Exxon / Mobile card so we can have another option aside from Fuelman.  We qualify for the no PG criteria and have had a City Tractor Supply card for a couple years (paper app then).   I am a year and a half away from fully recovered personal credit and don't care for any INQ's. 

Thanks in advance! 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi backed business card no PG - still need SS?

I guess the question is:  Despite not having to PG the account, they do require your SS to submit for "identity verification".  Will they then pull personal credit?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Wondering about Citi cards, HD, Staples, Exxon Mobil etc.  I see that you can go through and select the no PG but they still want your SS for "identity" reasons.  Anyone applied lately?  Did they pull your personal credit?

I was going to go for the Exxon / Mobile card so we can have another option aside from Fuelman.  We qualify for the no PG criteria and have had a City Tractor Supply card for a couple years (paper app then).   I am a year and a half away from fully recovered personal credit and don't care for any INQ's. 

Thanks in advance! 

The way I understand it, the federal government requires the banks to verify your identity to fight terrorism funding, so they ask for your SS#, but if you select the option on the application for Corp Liability, then they should not pull your personal credit.  Personally I'm not so sure and wouldn't put it past the banks if they SP your credit in such a way that you can't see they did.

Message 3 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Thanks in advance! 

The way I understand it, the federal government requires the banks to verify your identity to fight terrorism funding, so they ask for your SS#, but if you select the option on the application for Corp Liability, then they should not pull your personal credit.  Personally I'm not so sure and wouldn't put it past the banks if they SP your credit in such a way that you can't see they did.

Yes, it seems that has changed since we got our tractor Supply acct with them.  Then, the deal was to send in a paper app and not include your SS.  I suppose I can be the guinea pig and give it a shot.  I am sure they will turn me down if they do and do have a year until I apply for anything meaningful.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

As long as you are not filling out the PG part, all business credit now requires at least 1 business owner on file to who is taking money on behaf of a company for money laundering purposes. No HP

I have staples net 30 and staples revolving with no issue and recently added HD

Message 5 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

As long as you are not filling out the PG part, all business credit now requires at least 1 business owner on file to who is taking money on behaf of a company for money laundering purposes. No HP

I have staples net 30 and staples revolving with no issue and recently added HD

Nice, that was what I was looking for!  Experience rather than guessing.  Smiley Happy  I will give the Exxon a shot and report back.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Approved instantly with no PG, $2,500.00  Requested $7500.00 but this will work!   It will be nice to have a real fuel card.  We will PIF as always and when personal credit clears up in 16 moths, it will be on to bigger and better things.  Thanks all.

DP's:

Paydex:  79

EX: 71

EQ: complete disaster

Years on D&B and EX Biz:  4

Already had a Citi Tractor Supply Revolver that we have used twice in two years and PIF.

PS:  They obviously did NOT pull even a soft of my personal credit.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  I see your biz credit history is 4 years, I forgot to mention that in my previous post.  Citi requires a min of 3 years reporting to even be considered for approval.  The APR on the Exxon and Sunoco cards is so high, PIF is really the only way to go.  

Message 8 of 11
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome!  I see your biz credit history is 4 years, I forgot to mention that in my previous post.  Citi requires a min of 3 years reporting to even be considered for approval.  The APR on the Exxon and Sunoco cards is so high, PIF is really the only way to go.  

Yes, revolving a Biz gas card is a bad sign, right?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Thanks in advance! 

They do pull your personal credit. That's how they identity you, are you. They don't hard pull you, its a soft pull. Not every bank soft pulls your credit bureau report though. Some will pull Lexis Nexis to identify you. It depends on the bank. But they have to pull from somewhere it just does not appear as a hard pull. The Patriot Act doesn't say specifically how banks should identity you. Since lenders already have relationships with the big 3 they just find it more convenient. I had a credit union try to pull Sagestream for identity purposes.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.