Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi business AA Advantage Platinum Select card

tag
frank784
Contributor

Citi business AA Advantage Platinum Select card

Anyone recommend this card? I just got a Delta Amex and was thinking about getting an AA card to spread some of my business spend. I have never had a Citi bank card but from what I read it seems like a decent bank to be in business with. 

Current sub is 60K with $3K spend. $95 AF waived first year

Scores are 730s with 2% utitlzation and $140K income (Personal - Just started my business weeks ago)

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
355F1
Contributor

Re: Citi business AA Advantage Platinum Select card

Citi likes to give lots of high limits, as well as 0% balance transfer offers.

I got this card last month but only to get the SUB.

Just put $3k of my income tax bill on it today.

Miles should post soon.

I have 3 personal and 1 biz card with Citi.

Message 2 of 9
frank784
Contributor

If you don't mind can you tell me what they started you with for you business account? 

I just have the one Delta Amex that I got a week ago with a 5K SL. 

Data points for Citi are all over the place from what I have read 

Message 3 of 9
355F1
Contributor

First biz card was Delta AMEX last November with a $15k SL.

Citi gave me $14,000 last month on the AA Biz card.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not go for the 50k plus $100 statement credit and get matched to 75k. Or, figure out which mileage program benefits you most. There's Barclay's business.

Also citibiz thank you has 20k typ in Branch and can be matched to 40.

I would try Amex and Chase.
Message 5 of 9
frank784
Contributor

Sorry but not understanding the 50K plus matched to 75K? All i see is 60K offer for the business. How would I go about getting the extra point offer?

Message 6 of 9
mdd0214
Contributor

I picked this up a couple months back to grab some more AA miles. I'm not churning AA flyers like some of the more serious folks.

Picked up the 60k bonus easily + 15k adjustment to match the targeted 75k offer. I used my real business EIN but then used the card mostly for personal spend. Not worth adding to the list of credit cards my office manager needs to track. 

All you need to do to match is send a secure message after getting the card telling them you saw another offer for 75k and would like to see if they'll match it. Citi pretty much always does.

SL was $20k. It was not autoapproved when I apped late one night, but when I called the following morning it had already been approved.  Have a fairly long history with Citi, but only other card recently was the personal AA which I closed after getting this one. I'll keep it for free bags when I use the AA points I have on hand and then close this too.

Message 7 of 9
frank784
Contributor

Mind sharing your data points for the 20K SL? This would be my first Citi card and my current business is a sole proprietorship that would show $0 income for the application(I can show apr $140K personal income though). 

Thanks again! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frank784 I got the same card last year, SP $0 income with a CL of $14.5k.  I don't plan to keep it past the first year... just took the 60K miles and running to the personal card to cash in again there.

AA Perks are the same so no point in holding more than one. Same goes for the Barclay AA Aviator Red, 50K miles with only first purchase but AF not waived.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.