Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

tag
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

I apply last week for the Everday Points Business MC and got the email today. Approved for $15K !!!Capture.JPG

I want to try for the BLOC next. Is there a time frame I should wait or can I apply today for it? And if so, what is the typical limits they give out so I dont over/under ask?

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval

Congrats on your approval!

-
Message 2 of 26
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@socalchef00 Congratulations on the sweet approval.

I haven't gotten around to calling about the BLOC...but here is the number if you're interested...

1 800-403-2736

Good luck! I'll probably wait 6 months even if I'm eligible.

bizcredit11

Message 3 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Citizens Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 4 of 26
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@socalchef00 wrote:

I apply last week for the Everday Points Business MC and got the email today. Approved for $15K !!!Capture.JPG

I want to try for the BLOC next. Is there a time frame I should wait or can I apply today for it? And if so, what is the typical limits they give out so I dont over/under ask?

@socalchef00 Congratulations on your new approval and starting limit! Can you provide more data points? 

How many accounts do you have with Citizens and how long have you been a customer? Ex. Checking, Savings, etc. 

How long after you opened  your first account did you apply for the credit card? 

Are you in a location where there are physical locations? 

Message 5 of 26
LP007
Frequent Contributor

BOOM! Smiley Very Happy

I'm hearing big lips flapping about The Cit doing only SP's. You check your CRA for a hit?

Message 6 of 26
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@credit8502020 wrote:

@socalchef00 wrote:

@socalchef00 Congratulations on your new approval and starting limit! Can you provide more data points? 

How many accounts do you have with Citizens and how long have you been a customer? Ex. Checking, Savings, etc. 

How long after you opened  your first account did you apply for the credit card? 

Are you in a location where there are physical locations? 

I dont, or should say didnt have any accounts with them prior to applying.  I only had to supply them with 3 months of bank statements. My company been in business for 4 years. No locations near me, located in California.

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 7 of 26
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@LP007 wrote:

BOOM! Smiley Very Happy

I'm hearing big lips flapping about The Cit doing only SP's. You check your CRA for a hit?

Only a SP.

Message 8 of 26
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC

Has anyone ever gotten the Citizens CC but get denied their BLOC ?

I was approved for the CC with a nice $15k limit, but today got the email stating that "Lack of established earnings record or earnings insufficient for amount of credit requested"

I asked for $100k BLOC. Wondering if the amount was the reason denied and not lack of established earnings. Company is 4 years hold with $300k in gross income.

Should I apply again for a smaller amount?

Message 9 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC

When you applied for the BLOC, was it the same EQ SP process and did they request any documents from you or just deny you?  Also, how long ago did you get the card?  If it was fairly recent and they gave you a $15K CC, then immediately getting another $100K in unsecured credit...BLOC or CC....doesn't feel realistic.  

I ask because there's a big difference between $15K and $100K so if the process was easy, agreed that trying for less....quit a bit less may be better.  

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.