cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

socalchef00
Contributor

Re: Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC


@cashorcharge wrote:

When you applied for the BLOC, was it the same EQ SP process and did they request any documents from you or just deny you?  Also, how long ago did you get the card?  If it was fairly recent and they gave you a $15K CC, then immediately getting another $100K in unsecured credit...BLOC or CC....doesn't feel realistic.  

 

I ask because there's a big difference between $15K and $100K so if the process was easy, agreed that trying for less....quit a bit less may be better.  


Its only been about a week and half from the CC to the BLOC, but I saw others that posted that they applied for both and got approved for both.

I was expecting them to come back with a counter, but instead just completedly denied me.


TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 11 of 24
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC


@socalchef00 wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

When you applied for the BLOC, was it the same EQ SP process and did they request any documents from you or just deny you?  Also, how long ago did you get the card?  If it was fairly recent and they gave you a $15K CC, then immediately getting another $100K in unsecured credit...BLOC or CC....doesn't feel realistic.  

 

I ask because there's a big difference between $15K and $100K so if the process was easy, agreed that trying for less....quit a bit less may be better.  


Its only been about a week and half from the CC to the BLOC, but I saw others that posted that they applied for both and got approved for both.

I was expecting them to come back with a counter, but instead just completedly denied me.


I see...sorry to hear that.  It would seem to me that giving them some more time may be a better alternative.  Honestly, the $15K SL is pretty good comparatively.

Message 12 of 24
socalchef00
Contributor

How long did it take to get your Citizens card?

Curious for those that were approved for the Citizens Bank CC, how long did it take for you to get the card in the mail?

 

I was approved about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived yet.


TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 13 of 24
bennew111
Valued Member

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

Congratulations on your approval. Do you mind if I ask, what kind of info did the bank request from you?

Message 14 of 24
socalchef00
Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC


@bennew111 wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. Do you mind if I ask, what kind of info did the bank request from you?


They just asked for 3 months of bank statements and copy of ID


TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 15 of 24
netwirejohn
New Member

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

I was able to get a 15K approval. It was a soft pull and no docs/ID required.

Card took about 2 weeks to come in.

Message 16 of 24
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC

@socalchef00 When I called Citizens to see if I was eligible for the BLOC being in CA, I was told not through Citizens because I am out of footprint. However, I could apply online and Fundation could possibly approve me at a higher APR than Citizens would have.

 

Who did you get your denial or letter from? I am assuming you received your cc by now.

 

bizcredit11

Message 17 of 24
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC


@netwirejohn wrote:

I was able to get a 15K approval. It was a soft pull and no docs/ID required.

Card took about 2 weeks to come in.


Pow! What CRA was hit?





Message 18 of 24
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Citizens CC but not BLOC


@bizcredit11 wrote:

@socalchef00 When I called Citizens to see if I was eligible for the BLOC being in CA, I was told not through Citizens because I am out of footprint. However, I could apply online and Fundation could possibly approve me at a higher APR than Citizens would have.

 

Who did you get your denial or letter from? I am assuming you received your cc by now.

 

bizcredit11


So it appears Fundation is working again in conjunction with Citizens. They had suspended lending during the early days of the pandemic.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 19 of 24
babygirl1256
Valued Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday MC approval but not BLOC

Congrats on your Citizens Everyday MC approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.