Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Everyday Points MC Approved

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Citizens Everyday Points MC Approved

A SP card that doesn't report to personal CRA's... I figured "why not?"

Filled out the app and it went to review. Got an email asking me to upload 3 months of bank statements, defrost EQ and ID. Uploaded statements from personal account functioning as business account and ID, and thawed EQ. 4 days later (today), DW calls me at work and wants to know why Citizens Bank is calling and asking what her mothers maiden name is and that they need it before sending cards (I added her as AU). I called in and gave them that info and they said cards are about 7-10 business days away. While on the phone I asked what the limit was and they told me, and then I received this email about 5 minutes later...  The only EQ score I know of is from PenFed (Fico 9 = 802), I have no idea what model Citizens uses.

QUESTION: On the email it states that I will be receiving a PIN that will be needed for most transactions. Is this card Chip + PIN???

NOTE: Even though they asked for EQ to be thawed and they only SP'd EQ, they DID attempt to HP EX under something called "Fundation - Citizens Bank". EX was on ice so I only got a notice that it was attempted.

Citizens Bus pts 5K.png

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday Points MC Approved

Congrats @ChargedUp! Solid SL for Citizens.

I do not have this card. I cannot answer your question. I'm sure others will chime in.

Approved with an Equifax SP. Well done!

bizcredit11

Message 2 of 14
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

A SP card that doesn't report to personal CRA's... I figured "why not?"

Filled out the app and it went to review. Got an email asking me to upload 3 months of bank statements, defrost EQ and ID. Uploaded statements from personal account functioning as business account and ID, and thawed EQ. 4 days later (today), DW calls me at work and wants to know why Citizens Bank is calling and asking what her mothers maiden name is and that they need it before sending cards (I added her as AU). I called in and gave them that info and they said cards are about 7-10 business days away. While on the phone I asked what the limit was and they told me, and then I received this email about 5 minutes later...  The only EQ score I know of is from PenFed (Fico 9 = 802), I have no idea what model Citizens uses.

QUESTION: On the email it states that I will be receiving a PIN that will be needed for most transactions. Is this card Chip + PIN???

NOTE: Even though they asked for EQ to be thawed and they only SP'd EQ, they DID attempt to HP EX under something called "Fundation - Citizens Bank". EX was on ice so I only got a notice that it was attempted.

@ChargedUp Congrats! Yes, it is chip & pin.

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 3 of 14
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

This was my first business revolver business card and love it.

Did you choose the Everyday Points or Platinum low APR card ??

Same process for me as well - bank statements and PIN selection.

The card will ask for the PIN on most terminals in person (won't ask if online transaction).

It's a great way to protect this card from unauthorized use because of the CHIP + PIN feature like the Europeans use.

I wish all my cards had CHIP + PIN feature - the only other business accounts that have it are:

• Barclay's Hawaiian Airlines WEMC
  • ARCO Fleet business fuel card

Message 4 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thumbs Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great pick up @ChargedUp 

Once you set up online access, you can set up the PIN and I've had it ask me once but I've used the card a few times. Funky website to manage and no mobile app but agreed, SP business card is great. 

Congratulations on your Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 6 of 14
tmax2020
Valued Member

How many days does the processing take? I applied over the weekend but I have not received any update from them.

Message 7 of 14
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@tmax2020 wrote:

How many days does the processing take? I applied over the weekend but I have not received any update from them.

It took about 4 days from what I can tell.

Message 8 of 14
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@tmax2020 wrote:

Check your email - they communicate primarily that way.

After 3-4  emails and sending in requested business checking account statements (3 months) + ID, they approved it and the card was sent a week later.

Complete time from app to card was 1 month.

Message 9 of 14
tmax2020
Valued Member

I received the approval email today. Thank you

Everyday Points Business MasterCard

$7,000.00

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.