Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Everyday Points MC - In Review

tag
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday Points MC - In Review

Still no email. I was nervious yesterday, received a Citizens envelope in the mail and didn't have a card in it. I got bummed but after opening seen it was a home equity promotion and was relieved. haha still crossing my fingers.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone any DP's to share for apping as a Sole Proprietorship? Y'all just using SSN in the EIN box or actual EIN? Just been using SSN since it's my side hustle(s), any particular benefits/drawbacks to having an EIN?

Message 12 of 25
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone any DP's to share for apping as a Sole Proprietorship? Y'all just using SSN in the EIN box or actual EIN? Just been using SSN since it's my side hustle(s), any particular benefits/drawbacks to having an EIN?

Sorry don't have much info for you. I have an EIN for my LLC. Mine's a side hustle as well. I consulted an accountant/business person about setting it up and that's what was recommended.

Message 13 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JFox418 any update?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 25
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@JFox418 any update?

Notta Smiley Indifferent I just emailed the lady who sent the email requesting more info when I applied so I'll see what she says. 

Message 15 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JFox418 fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for ya! 👍

Message 16 of 25
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Bad news, unable to approve request. Guess I'll get an email with the reason on the 3rd.

Now I need to consider applying for an FNBO evergreen biz account. I was just approved for the person but I just added 3 inquiries in the last month. Not sure if I want to add a 4th or not. 

Message 17 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

I was just approved for the person but I just added 3 inquiries in the last month. Not sure if I want to add a 4th or not. 

Perhaps those recent inquiries scared them off.  Not to mention the new FNBO personal card.

Message 18 of 25
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am a Sole Proprietor with an EIN and registered with the state. I was advised to set up my business this way and am so glad I did since many entities have requested it as proof of business (ie Loans, Grants, Bank Accounts). I was asked to email my ein and business registration docs to set up the corporate account.

For the citizens app it requests the EIN in the business section and the SSN in the personal section. I don't know if you can use the SSN in the EIN box. I've noticed on a few apps in the past you are sometimes given an option. 

You may be able to have the account set up as a peronal business account but I don't know how that would report? Maybe give the business services dept 1-888-798-4600 a call with your questions? I can confirm they're very knowledgable on procedure.

Good luck!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 19 of 25
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

I was just approved for the person but I just added 3 inquiries in the last month. Not sure if I want to add a 4th or not. 

Perhaps those recent inquiries scared them off.  Not to mention the new FNBO personal card.

I applied for this before any of the new accounts. I have a feeling I just don't move enough money through my business. It's not the end of the world. I don't NEED a business CC just wanted something to start building credit for it. %2 would have been handy too haha

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.