Citizens Everyday Points MC - In Review

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Citizens Everyday Points MC - In Review

@JFox418 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

I was just approved for the person but I just added 3 inquiries in the last month. Not sure if I want to add a 4th or not. 

Perhaps those recent inquiries scared them off.  Not to mention the new FNBO personal card.

I applied for this before any of the new accounts. I have a feeling I just don't move enough money through my business. It's not the end of the world. I don't NEED a business CC just wanted something to start building credit for it. %2 would have been handy too haha

@JFox418 Well the good news is that you still have options:

Amex Blue Business Cash and maybe after 6mos from the personal card approval, apply for the FNBO Evergreen Business. Then circle back around later and maybe app for Citizens card after a year or so? Since you're already banking with them, and it's a SP, it wouldn't hurt to try again.

As an alternate,  Elan has a business card offering that is a 3% MCP category card, 1% everything else, that might be useful through greater nevada credit union. They also have a 2pts/$1 smart business rewards card for two top spend categories, 1% everthing else. It looks as if you can still apply as either a generic Elan card, or join the credit union after you know the results? I've kept it bookmarked as a possible future pick up (went for the Elan personal version first.)

HNY!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 21 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

I was just approved for the person but I just added 3 inquiries in the last month. Not sure if I want to add a 4th or not. 

Perhaps those recent inquiries scared them off.  Not to mention the new FNBO personal card.

I applied for this before any of the new accounts. I have a feeling I just don't move enough money through my business. It's not the end of the world. I don't NEED a business CC just wanted something to start building credit for it. %2 would have been handy too haha

@JFox418 Well the good news is that you still have options:

100% ^^^

Sorry for the denial.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa Thanks for your help!

Message 23 of 25
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous I am a sole prop and have an EIN for business tax purposes.

My accountant made it clear that I needed the EIN in the event I needed to hire contract workers.

As for Citizen's, they ask for an EIN as well as SSN (SP identity).  

In my case they wanted 3 months of business bank statements and my state resale permit.

Very thin business CR but very thick and mature personal CR files. 

Ever since the Citizen's approval, it's been much easier to get business credit!

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will have to get an EIN, then. Am trying to expand mine and DW's Sole Prop, and banking and CC's... some require, some do not. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.