Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Carlson Business

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Club Carlson Business

Thanks for the heads up Open123. I will get the mobile app for sure. Looks like I'm in for an experience. Who am I kidding, I mean my bookkeeper is in for an experience. 

Message 11 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Open123. I will get the mobile app for sure. Looks like I'm in for an experience. Who am I kidding, I mean my bookkeeper is in for an experience. 

Hahaha...unless the business card is entirely different, it'll be a completely "manual" experience for your bookeeper, unlike Amex.  

Message 12 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

I was getting bored, called the automated line 800-947-1444 to check status. Figured what the heck no harm in checking while waiting for the paper decline. Seems I am approved and will receive the T&C and card in 10 business days. I'm not going to get too excited as I know things will change multiple times with this bank. I'll update status when I get plastic in hand. Bet the limit is either stupid low or stupid high. Don't really care either way. 

So far I'm 3 for 3 in this unintended and unplanned application cycle. Had to jump on Chase Ink Plus to get the 60K bonus. Got wild a few days later and reapplied for the Citi AA with 40K mile bonus (denied due to 3 applications in less than 60 days last cycle) and now it looks like I can get some Club Carlson love points. 

May I offer a big

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

I think this will be my next app...LOL

Message 14 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I think this will be my next app...LOL

You better go for it before they start devaluing the points or they reduce the bonus. 

I got the card terms in the mail today. Faster than I thought they would arrive according to some travel bloggers. Not a bad limit at $11K but it won't be my go to card so it will do just fine. 

Message 15 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

It's on my list for Aug, just waiting for some HPs to fall off my CRs.  

How do you like the online banking so far?

Message 16 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Please. You think this would go smoothly? I got the notice with terms and CL at my house. They mailed the card to my business. That's not so good, I don't receive mail at my physical location (bad hood, unsecured mailbox). When I filled out the application they asked for physical address and then my home address. Never had the option to specify a billing address. Would have never caught it but I read the letter twice. Quick call to a confused CSR who didn't seem to understand billing address vs physical address. He said when the card comes back (really?) they will mail to home address. I corrected him that it's a billing address, and to issue me a new card on Monday. I think it's worked out but I will know on 7/18 or sooner. Or later. 

Sucks as I had a $8K purchase I need to make tomorrow, would have covered bonus spend in one swipe. I'll catch it on next one. 

Message 17 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Funny addition - my business mail person stopped in to see me yesterday. She had a pile of mail to me and even though I have given the post office notice that I do not want mail delivered to the physical address this pile made it thru the system. It was a stack of stuff from US Bank. I got two seperate copies of the T&C, the card and a rejection letter. 

Yep, card and rejection letter on the same day. They sent the congratulations letter to my house. 

At least they make chasing points interesting. 

Message 18 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Funny addition - my business mail person stopped in to see me yesterday. She had a pile of mail to me and even though I have given the post office notice that I do not want mail delivered to the physical address this pile made it thru the system. It was a stack of stuff from US Bank. I got two seperate copies of the T&C, the card and a rejection letter. 

Yep, card and rejection letter on the same day. They sent the congratulations letter to my house. 

At least they make chasing points interesting. 

Oh now that's a good one Smiley LOL

Might get an extra card tomorrow 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

FInally received the card and activated it. Was confused as to how to access online banking. Took me a while and I am pretty good at this. Long process to sign up for the service. Finally in and wow - a little bit dated. Set up paperless statements, now trying to figure out how to add an account so I can pay the bill online. This might take a while. 

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.