Did you mean: 

Club Carlson Business

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Club Carlson Business

@scenery_guy wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

It's on my list for Aug, just waiting for some HPs to fall off my CRs.  

How do you like the online banking so far?

FInally received the card and activated it. Was confused as to how to access online banking. Took me a while and I am pretty good at this. Long process to sign up for the service. Finally in and wow - a little bit dated. Set up paperless statements, now trying to figure out how to add an account so I can pay the bill online. This might take a while. 

LOL...Like I said, words can't really describe it.

PS - Also, if you want to see "pending" transactions, you must download the phone app.  There website doesn't show pending transactions.

Message 21 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

It's on my list for Aug, just waiting for some HPs to fall off my CRs.  

How do you like the online banking so far?

FInally received the card and activated it. Was confused as to how to access online banking. Took me a while and I am pretty good at this. Long process to sign up for the service. Finally in and wow - a little bit dated. Set up paperless statements, now trying to figure out how to add an account so I can pay the bill online. This might take a while. 

LOL...Like I said, words can't really describe it.

PS - Also, if you want to see "pending" transactions, you must download the phone app.  There website doesn't show pending transactions.

I just tried logging into the mobile app. Shows my next payment due as 01/01/0001. Wow. I'm not sure I like the business credit account and the central bill account concept. I'll learn to like it as long as the rewards are sufficient. Planning a trip to Ireland and will be burning some points for some stays. 

Message 22 of 33
clockscredit
Established Member

Haha, and it gets more painful from there. I scheduled a payment and the poor sytem never showed the payment scheduled. My girlfriend steers clear from using the US Bank card, because she knows how much I hate logging onto to their online .... hmmm I can't think of a word insulting enough. haha Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Got a card in the mail letting me know they received the request to change my mailing address (from physical to billing) and it has been processed. They mailed it to the old physical address. Huh. Good thing the post person thought this was important and came to find me. Not sure what it's going to take to get them to mail stuff to my billing address. 

Message 24 of 33
flan
Regular Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Got a card in the mail letting me know they received the request to change my mailing address (from physical to billing) and it has been processed. They mailed it to the old physical address. Huh. Good thing the post person thought this was important and came to find me. Not sure what it's going to take to get them to mail stuff to my billing address. 

It's usual practice to send the old address a notice that the new address is going to be used.  Makes it easier for you to tell them it's fraud, etc.  What's annoying is when the old address is wrong or otherwise can't receive mail, so the bank uses the returned mail as an indication to just give up and close the account. 

Message 25 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

US Bank is fine to deal with once you get passed the antiquated technology.  

For instance, if you walk into one of their branches, the teller needs to type your Account information manually, since they don't have ATM card readers.  Or, when you reset a pin #, after doing so in person, you've got do it again at an ATM by changing with the options on the screen (which isn't easy, unless you've been instructed on the process).  And, they charge 0.50 cents for each mobile deposit.  

The rest I can sort of understand, but who in this day and age charges for mobile deposits?  Why would *anyone* ever deposit a mobile check for a fee, especially when I'm reducing in branch labor costs?

Once you get passed the above, their customer service is excellent.  And, reliving the dos-windows 3.1 days might be worth it, since the Club Carlson is one of the best deals out there!

Message 26 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

US Bank is fine to deal with once you get passed the antiquated technology.  

For instance, if you walk into one of their branches, the teller needs to type your Account information manually, since they don't have ATM card readers.  Or, when you reset a pin #, after doing so in person, you've got do it again at an ATM by changing with the options on the screen (which isn't easy, unless you've been instructed on the process).  And, they charge 0.50 cents for each mobile deposit.  

The rest I can sort of understand, but who in this day and age charges for mobile deposits?  Why would *anyone* ever deposit a mobile check for a fee, especially when I'm reducing in branch labor costs?

Once you get passed the above, their customer service is excellent.  And, reliving the dos-windows 3.1 days might be worth it, since the Club Carlson is one of the best deals out there!

+1 Mrs. scenery_guy is applying for the personal version this week if I keep poking her in the ribs to remind her about the free nights in Ireland. The rest can be tolerated as I plan to keep this one for quite a while. Well worth the AF. 

Message 27 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

LOLz. Trying again to get my mailing address on the account active and correct. Keep getting random mail at the physical address. Super nice people but gah... I need the mail to go to the mailing address (aka billing address) and not the physical address (aka brick and mortar address). They keep telling me it's been changed yet they keep mailing stuff to the old address?!?

I talked slowly so I hope it helped. 

Message 28 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

So, did they ever sort it out for you?  

Message 29 of 33
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

So, did they ever sort it out for you?  

Sorry - yes they did. Mail coming to mailing address. Card works fine, minimum spend met second month (because the card really didn't arrive during the first month). Web site as you described (wow) and the phone app is the most functional. It's a keeper.

Now if I can just get the DW recon done for her personal card in the 30 day window. She was declined with a TU FICO of 773 due to "numerous recent applications using ssn" and called out "the decision was based in hole or in part to information provided by ARS and IDA reports" . We requested copies of the ARS and IDA reports to verify they are correct. They were - 3 HP in past year. Wow she is out of control and I need to stop her. Pulled her TU for free based on decline just to make sure it was correct. When she received letter from ARS with her report she also received a letter from ARS in separate envelope to our address but with someone else's name on it. We curiously opened it and low and behold it was a letter to someone else with all the info on the other person's frozen report including the pin number to unfreeze the account. Dumbfounded we called ARS and they argued that there was no way we received someone else's mail. They finally admitted the mess up as someone had not changed the case file number from the DW case to this personal case and the address transferred to the mail form. Wow. They asked us to shred it. I locked it in the safe for now. I asked if they would do us a favor in return and contact US Bank and make the bad report issue go away so we can get the card and they declined. 

I can't see 3 HP in 12 months as being a risk especially when they gave me a card at countess HP across the 3 major reports. If the recon call does not help I feel a recon letter coming real soon and I will enclose a copy of the mistake letter just to illustrate the companies they trust in making decisions and supplying information can make bad mistakes. 

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.