Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Amazon Business Prime AMEX and regular Prime/Chase Amazon

tag
startover909
Valued Member

Confused about Amazon Business Prime AMEX and regular Prime/Chase Amazon

So I have a regular Amazon Prime membership, and years ago I linked that membership to my Amazon Business account, which gives me the shipping benefits on Amazon Business. I remember there was a section that specifically encourages this inside my Prime account.

Now it seems to me this kind of arragement is no longer mentioned anywhere on Amazon (though my Amazon Business site still gives me free 2-day/1-day shipping), and instead on Amazon Business they encourage the separate Amazon Business membership which costs extra and is for business only.

Now I just applied for and got a Chase Amazon Prime Visa that gives me 5% on regular Amazon. I also want to get a 5% business Amazon card, which is now issued by AMEX. However, the problem is that when I try to apply for this card using my Amazon Business account, it does not show the 5% Prime benefits, instead it shows the standard 3%. I assume this is because the AMEX Amazon Prime Business card requires the separate Amazon Business membership which I do not have?

Interestingly, if I try to apply for this business card from my person Amazon Prime site, it actually shows 5%. But I already have the Chase Amazon Prime card associated with my personal Amazon account, will apply for the business version cause any issues? Additionally, say if I do apply for the business AMEX from my person Prime account and get approved, then add this card to my Amazon Business account, will I get 5% or 3%? 

Lastly, does the personal Chase Amazon Prime Visa also get 5% on Amazon Business?

If someone can clarify this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused about Amazon Business Prime AMEX and regular Prime/Chase Amazon

Log into your personal Amazon account.  Then go to americanexpress.com and find the Amazon business card.  Click on apply and it will load the Prime 5% application.  If you are approved for the card it will give you the opportunity to create a business account.  If you already have one, then just close the window.  It will add the business AMEX to your personal account, but you can delete it.  Once the card arrives you can add it as a payment method to the Amazon business account.

This is what I did, because otherwise it will not load the Prime application and you will have to apply for the standard card with 3%.  

Message 2 of 6
startover909
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Log into your personal Amazon account.  Then go to americanexpress.com and find the Amazon business card.  Click on apply and it will load the Prime 5% application.  If you are approved for the card it will give you the opportunity to create a business account.  If you already have one, then just close the window.  It will add the business AMEX to your personal account, but you can delete it.  Once the card arrives you can add it as a payment method to the Amazon business account.

This is what I did, because otherwise it will not load the Prime application and you will have to apply for the standard card with 3%.  

Thanks! So does it earn 5% for you after you added it to your Amazon Business account manually (instead of applying from it or create during application), and I assume you do not have Amazon Business Prime?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@startover909 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! So does it earn 5% for you after you added it to your Amazon Business account manually (instead of applying from it or create during application), and I assume you do not have Amazon Business Prime?

I do not have a business prime account, too expensive and not worth money.  Once you're approved for the card, you can select if you want the 5% or 90 days no interest on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases using the card.  It won't matter which account you use to make purchases, business or personal, if it's Amazon or Whole Foods, you'll get 5%

Message 4 of 6
startover909
Valued Member

I do not have a business prime account, too expensive and not worth money.  Once you're approved for the card, you can select if you want the 5% or 90 days no interest on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases using the card.  It won't matter which account you use to make purchases, business or personal, if it's Amazon or Whole Foods, you'll get 5%

Thanks for the clarifications. Applied under personal Amazon Prime account and got instant approval for 8K. Both card and sign up bonus got added to personal Amazon account after 30 minutes. Removed the card and will add to Amazon Business once it arrives.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.