Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused need answers before i make a mistake

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused need answers before i make a mistake

Honestly thats what my main objective is to gain biz credit so i can build on that a $2k CL would be fine and I could manage that each month its just the idea of AMEX giving me a shot at it, I know I shouldnt be negative but AMEX is a premier CC and for a lot of people not atainable.  Ive read posts with people saying that had to many HP's on their PCF and thats what I am afraid will hurt me 

Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok heres an update I went ahead an pulled the trigger an applied to Amex

I expected the big Sorry notice but i didnt get it I also didnt get the approved one either

I got your app is pending and to complete it please call us so we can talk further.  Is this a good or bad sign and any suggestions on how to approach this convo with them tommorow?

Message 22 of 47
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Can you legally sell your service before being able to actual offer the service? For instance, contracts that start a month out or so?

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 23 of 47
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

It can go either way on a pending. Did you get a ping on what CR they pulled?

Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I can enter into legal contracts with clients however I cannot operate on those contracts without federal DOT authroity 

Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet I havent had any notifications an account was checked as of right now they usually pull EX and EQ right 

Message 26 of 47
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes sounds approved!!! Call now
Message 27 of 47
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Yes sounds approved!!! Call now

I've had this three times now and got declined each time. Call now though for sure.

Message 28 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call immediatly after and they said that department is closed.  I said sir the website says on Sunday open from 10am to 9pm CMT i said sir its 5:30 est now he said they are closed so I will call tommrow. I have to be honest I am feeling a little better because it wasnt a flat out denial from the get go as it was every other time I look at this as the furthest I ever got with AMEX and from reading other posts once you get in the door with them build a great relationship with them the doors get opened with other cards as well.

I take my credit very serious and want to nurture it.  I cringe every time I swipe a card not because I cant pay it back, but I just dont like excessively using them of course thats what the CC companies want but I still feel sometimes I shouldnt spend so much.  I think what has built my relationship so well with them is my payments are always minimum of $25 but ive never and I mean never made less than $300 on a single payment and made pre and post statement payments even while there is no payment due, i think thats why every Synch card I have ever asked for a CLI has been given to me cant say the same for Cap 1 they have become real tight lately with their CLI and new apps for some reason  In the beginning it was great got three CLI's in a year now its almost impossible for me to get anything out of them 

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to call anyway got the automated line entered my info and it just gave me the times to call back during the week.  This was the app status line to check on the status and it just said for me to call tommorow not sure why it wouldnt give me a status update 

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.