Re: Confused need answers before i make a mistake

Let's hope for an approval!

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honesty I am not even looking for a lot of credit what I wish for is to just open some tradelines to build my company's credit portfolio 

Message 32 of 47
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Did you try the D&B builders? Quill.com, Uline, UPS, Pitney Bowes? Start there to force a D&B profile.

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called D&B and they wanted $699 to do a complete credit and business background check and create a file.  The free way doesnt guarentee the credit background or some other sales mumbo jumbo but after talking to a few people in the same business as me and other business along with people on here a lot of credit companies dont even take a D&B number in to account.  As for quill i dont need any products from them so opening an account and never using it seems pointless the only way to show account activityis to use it same with Uline dont need products from them.  I have a UPS mychoice for deliveries but i dont ship anything.  My company is strictly service related i have zero products to sell or ship, and i work out of my home office.  Not sure what Pitney Bowles is but i will google it now 

I do have a commercial app in for an account with Advanced Auto and since I use that heavy for parts and know the commercial accounts manager at the local store I think that will be a go for me 

Message 34 of 47
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

You don't need a certified file or whatever D&B is trying to sell you. All you need is the number which is free and the trade lines do the rest. For Quill, I'm sure you have pens and pencils and paper or toilet paper at your home office. That's all you need. Quill always has deals on toilet paper. I literally only buy toilet paper and paper towels with my Quill account and they do post to D&B. Them alone starts your file. Uline I used to buy boxes if I need them but I usually only buy packing tape or canned air for my laptop. Even if you aren't selling items you can get small things from these companies to build a solid net 30 file at minimum. Get the UPS account and use it to send like contracts to your clients. Something small. Something is better than nothing. Pitney Bowes is a mail meter and I'm sure you mail things to clients. You aren't going to build business credit without PG if you don't look at some of the net 30 options that can increase your credit file and get you on the radar of other companies. Once you have a good D&B file, 3-6 months of good payment with your net 30s, you should be good to go with the Sam's Club Business MC. They check Experian Business and D&B.

Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AMEX have a Recon Line ?

Good Evening Forum Members

Just curious I applied for an AMEX Buisness Gold Charge Card and got a message saying its under review and they need me to call tommorow for more information.  This is the farthest I have ever got with AMEX before usually its a denial from the start.  I called the app status line entered my last four SS# and zip code and was told to call tommorow for more info.  I am not sure what this means if its a denial or if I have a shot at finally getting a biz card.  My question is if I do get denied is there a recon number to call or an executive office number or email to get a recon, or is amex a CC that a denial is a denial flat out no appeal or recon?

Thanks for reading my post as always advice comments and thoughts are welcome'

Have a Blessed evening everyone 

Message 36 of 47
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Does AMEX have a Recon Line ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Evening Forum Members

Just curious I applied for an AMEX Buisness Gold Charge Card and got a message saying its under review and they need me to call tommorow for more information.  This is the farthest I have ever got with AMEX before usually its a denial from the start.  I called the app status line entered my last four SS# and zip code and was told to call tommorow for more info.  I am not sure what this means if its a denial or if I have a shot at finally getting a biz card.  My question is if I do get denied is there a recon number to call or an executive office number or email to get a recon, or is amex a CC that a denial is a denial flat out no appeal or recon?

Thanks for reading my post as always advice comments and thoughts are welcome'

Have a Blessed evening everyone 

Your question are being answered in the business forum where you just stated you applied for the card in that thread 
Please please do not post in every forum

Request move and add to 1st post in biz forum

Thanks MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does AMEX have a Recon Line ?

Sorry MJ i didnt realize i was in this forum i wasnt paying attention to which forum i was in

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

HMM i didnt think about that with the everyday supplies I have been buying stuff at Walmart for all that or on amazon.  That reminds me I was going to look into a walmart biz account with synch because I do have a good relationship with them.  UPS is a good idea too for mailings dont know how often I will use it but still worth a looking into 

Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont see an application for credit on the quill page ?

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.