Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&B CreditBuilder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

D&B CreditBuilder

I know a lot of people recommend putting reps off for this, but I highly recommend it.  I was very appreciated from the first call on and developed a good relationship with my rep, paid the $499 and managed to get all of my information updated correctly, and had several vendors that would not otherwise report added.  Given we are all supposedly trying to build $100ks of needed biz credit it seems to me to be a no-brainer investment and you never know when you are going to need a good relationship with D&B to count on down the road.

Just my 02.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: D&B CreditBuilder

Ya I dont belive its a bad deal if you got big tadelines not reporting or just wont report but you still will have to let them age  a little to get bigger credit lines down the road I didnt use the program 7 years ago but I know alot of people who did. The only bad feedback is that the references after the intial 5 or 6 you are allowaed to give up front were taking longer to post into file. But I guess it depends on what the circumstances are to pay the money.

I have a friend who got turmed down for a staples card ( they wanted pg ) after he did the program he was approved for 1500 instantly and office depot and dell so it payed off for him.

Me personaly I have good accounts that report and report pretty frequenty.

Right now I have 28 tradelines on duns and a paydex of 91

I get pretty much what I want now.

2wheel
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well for me the good thing was

a) they fixed my start date from 2007 to 2000 like it should be when I supplied docs

b) they added/are adding vendors I've been paying for 5+ years monthly (history)

c) they added a recent vendor I paid $10k to with a larger contract

So once they updated I'll have;

Correctly aged old corp

Multiple vendors plust history of payments going back the full 18 months they report

High Credit Line.  Since it doesn't actually report whether that was/is revolving and just says 'High Credit' that one payment of $10k gives me a decent file I hope.

Hoping it is enough for HDMC and Key.

Message 3 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I cant belive they went back 18 months but sometimes if you talk sweet it might happen but I think they are not allowedto do it but if they did sweet deal.........

2wheel
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the thing I don't understanda about that is where they would list that if they do.

Is the count tradelines only or payments recieved, i.e. if I had 3 vendors I paid monthly for the 18 months would tht be a count of 3 or a count 54?

The best I can see is they list each vendor with most recent payment per vendor

" Each experience shown represents a separate account reported by a
         supplier.  Updated trade experiences replace those previously
         reported."

So it would be one line item per vendor, most recent payment, last sale date. I don't see a count, or an age on any vendor.

Also not sure how they would know it is 'new'? It does show that I recently verified some info but that could mean anything?

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 04-18-2009 05:49 PM
Message 5 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

it would count as 3 payment experiances it wont count as 54 payment experiances I had a friend who did the program and the rep told him they would go back a year and they didnt It will only show the current month they called the company
2wheel
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you list the 28 companies that you have trades with?

Message 7 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Most of them are not credit cards or starter cards if thats what your inquiring about..

Most are what I need to operate on a daily basis

Only credit cards I have are American express and chase business .

Lemme see...

1. Caldwell Dodge 3 loans ...Under DNB its commercial vehicle leasing   high credit 76k

2. Short term business loans - 5 catagories- high credit 145k

3. insurances- 2 lines  high credit 1800 dollars

4. cash experiances 5 trades high balance 27.5k

commercial building lease 1 trade

Theres more but I dont keep track 

DNB Dosent list the companies they list what they are for... Short term business, Leasing, Public finance, Cash experiances, Wholesale....etc  unlike personal credit scores that show you what company is your tradeline.

I do business with about 45 diffrent companies some report some dont everything in your Duns file dosent have to be a credit card or bank they can be companies that are in Duns database.

Message Edited by 2wheel on 04-24-2009 04:21 PM
2wheel
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks but I was wondering if you could list some specific accounts

that report other than just the normal ones usually posted?

Message 9 of 10
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

do you have a account you dont think is posting or trying to see if it will post...

I Know my superfleet account is in Duns ( Merchant services) Fuel Credit line 6k

I know Chase is in there

Dont know about amex tho

Freightliner is in there

2wheel
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.