cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data points: two years of failed apps AMEX gold business card.!

tag
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Data points: two years of failed apps AMEX gold business card.!

I have posted my frustrations with regard to my relationship and experience with American Express and my belief that I was being mistreated due to algorithmic shortcomings but objectively speaking it is clear that there are no avenues by which one can solve something like a return payment occurring in theory on an account balance that had already been successfully PIF'ed, so just avoid a year of unnecessary blacklisting and if you only have enough in the account to pay the balance and a failed ach occurs, LISTEN TO THEM AND DO NOT INTIATE A SECOND TRANSACTION OF A DIFFERENT AMOUNT THAN YOUR FIRST IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOOK BETTER TO AMEX FOR PAYING IN FULL IN LIEU OF THE SECOND ATTEMPT AUTOMATICALLY PULLING THE SMALLER AMOUNT, or at least only pay the difference, as if the automatic payment processing in queue resumes to the second attempt, it will not interrupt it and realize you have already settled your balance and thus owe Amex nothing in principle (and perhaps legally speaking, this seaming to be an inherent glitch in the ach payment processing which is a dinosaur in the age of instant exchanges, though one wonders if it isn't a safer feature insofar as money is itself flawed and easily lost under circumstances that credit cards are refused, but I don't know...) 

Anyway, after the blacklisting ended and I was quite upset I had been spending as much as 7k a month PIFed on a 2k BCE account which was a pain... no matter what, that doesn't matter if you have had a payment return... do not bother with cli or new account apps. However, when that is finally over, do not be ignorant to the overseas agents insistence that the only reason listed isn't the explanation: Amex is ymmv and no matter how you have a clean record, spend high, carry no balances, if it says only "the number of creditors who have reviewed your credit" and only this, the insistence by many that they are not inquiry sensitive and it must be some other reason isn't true (of those who are self employed and did not provide a tax return when given a cld and unjust account review and freeze at the beginning of the pandemic... at which point I told them if my history didn't stand on its own they could close my account and I'd kick rocks... they told me all I had to do was pay 30 percent of my balance carried and I would be restored, BUT I HAD ALREADY PIFed...). Ultimately, you will no matter what receive a score and four negative factors stating why your score is not perfect, and perhaps even if it is pefect, but for most of us and those I'm writing this for, that is irrelevant: these four reasons, even if you have APPd at 730-740 for every attempt, likely will relate to that "creditors" statement and for me, in spite of what so many here will state, and in spite of my payment history and no inquiries for 9 months, until I was under 5 hard inquires and the majority of my business truck loan had been paid for the appropriate timeframe (meaning double payments for a year), I was denied incessantly and felt like it was impossible. Yesterday, after finally seeing my Experian profile state in green that I had paid off a significant amount of my non mortgage loans and while inquiries were still red, it said only 5 for the 12 month period: I was finally approved.

don't give up and don't take it personally: robots are stupid.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Re: Data points: two years of failed apps AMEX gold business card.!

Seeming*

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 8
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Thermionic_E wrote:

I have posted my frustrations with regard to my relationship and experience with American Express and my belief that I was being mistreated due to algorithmic shortcomings but objectively speaking it is clear that there are no avenues by which one can solve something like a return payment occurring in theory on an account balance that had already been successfully PIF'ed, so just avoid a year of unnecessary blacklisting and if you only have enough in the account to pay the balance and a failed ach occurs, LISTEN TO THEM AND DO NOT INTIATE A SECOND TRANSACTION OF A DIFFERENT AMOUNT THAN YOUR FIRST IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOOK BETTER TO AMEX FOR PAYING IN FULL IN LIEU OF THE SECOND ATTEMPT AUTOMATICALLY PULLING THE SMALLER AMOUNT, or at least only pay the difference, as if the automatic payment processing in queue resumes to the second attempt, it will not interrupt it and realize you have already settled your balance and thus owe Amex nothing in principle (and perhaps legally speaking, this seaming to be an inherent glitch in the ach payment processing which is a dinosaur in the age of instant exchanges, though one wonders if it isn't a safer feature insofar as money is itself flawed and easily lost under circumstances that credit cards are refused, but I don't know...) 

Anyway, after the blacklisting ended and I was quite upset I had been spending as much as 7k a month PIFed on a 2k BCE account which was a pain... no matter what, that doesn't matter if you have had a payment return... do not bother with cli or new account apps. However, when that is finally over, do not be ignorant to the overseas agents insistence that the only reason listed isn't the explanation: Amex is ymmv and no matter how you have a clean record, spend high, carry no balances, if it says only "the number of creditors who have reviewed your credit" and only this, the insistence by many that they are not inquiry sensitive and it must be some other reason isn't true (of those who are self employed and did not provide a tax return when given a cld and unjust account review and freeze at the beginning of the pandemic... at which point I told them if my history didn't stand on its own they could close my account and I'd kick rocks... they told me all I had to do was pay 30 percent of my balance carried and I would be restored, BUT I HAD ALREADY PIFed...). Ultimately, you will no matter what receive a score and four negative factors stating why your score is not perfect, and perhaps even if it is pefect, but for most of us and those I'm writing this for, that is irrelevant: these four reasons, even if you have APPd at 730-740 for every attempt, likely will relate to that "creditors" statement and for me, in spite of what so many here will state, and in spite of my payment history and no inquiries for 9 months, until I was under 5 hard inquires and the majority of my business truck loan had been paid for the appropriate timeframe (meaning double payments for a year), I was denied incessantly and felt like it was impossible. Yesterday, after finally seeing my Experian profile state in green that I had paid off a significant amount of my non mortgage loans and while inquiries were still red, it said only 5 for the 12 month period: I was finally approved.

don't give up and don't take it personally: robots are stupid.

Congrats on finally getting approved....why did you go through all that just to get an AMEX card,whe its plenty other options out there?

Message 4 of 8
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Frustration that I could not crack it and beinf over five 24 until this month because of my not understanding that a credit one account and subprime capital one accounts would not only hold me back but never grow beyond 500 dollars which quickly became useless to me. Discover and capital one report to personal and I am unaware of any other charge cards which fit my profit and investment characteristics far better. I have been waiting to open a chase account since banking wiht them for my business last year in February. It has all been extremely frustrating since I have millions of dollars in tactile assets that are fast movers and diverse for the pro audio market, and range from raw materials for capacitors and vacuum tubes, to automated industrial machines, and lots of dead stock and liquidated stock popular with audiophiles and guitarists to recording studios. However, due to lack of credit and a two year history with a business only registered last year and the pandemic, getting an industrial broker has been ridiculously hard for me, and deciding between leasing or buying land and building because my stock already fills each room of my home, four huge storages around the country and a 7000sqft warehouse space in Mississippi to the 15 foot ceiling without room to move. I really wish I had more sense because logistics have been impossible and yet I keep growing but throw all of my cash into investing in more materials because thousands of sheets of kovar, copper 110, and other low expansion alloys for hermetic seals with borisillicate valued at between 100-900 a sheet depending on the market and having tens of thousands sheets in crates for a small investment of 2-3k is a no brainer... to me at least, but everyone I know seems to think I'm interested in scrapping it... thank goodness most old pro audio also looks like a garbage heap because then I don't have to worry about people stealing it, though I've had friends tell me it is worthless and desire to throw it away, they still remain incredulous when I sell the same item they believe was junk to a recording studio for enough to... wait, you didn't ask any of this. SORRY!

Message 5 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Lol!  You're pumped @Thermionic_E and I'm so happy for you!  No, I didn't really understand ALL of your post but I felt your win, woot!!!!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 8
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.