Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

Update: So before I got a chance to call them this morning to cancel my account, a rep called to let me know I was approved and the details of my account. I expressed my concerns to him and he told me that account fees are based on the account type. I have a Net 12 account (which is cool because I like to PIF immediately) and Net 12 accounts don't incur that $10 fee. Then I asked about the $30 fee I read about by another member on these forums. He said that fee varies with usage and is based on the national average price of gas. If you purchase gas at a price below the national average, it charges enough to offset that cost, from my understanding. I hope he was honest about everything, I will scrutinize the terms and fees fine print when the cards arrive. If everything checks out, I will keep the account open. I was told they do report to business bureaus, I will be sure to verify that myself as well.

Original post:
It hasn’t arrived yet, but I don’t like the fact that there are so many hidden fees. The rep who completed my application did not mention the $10 monthly account fee (unless getting 5000+ gallons which I won’t be) though it is minimally listed on the website ... then I just read about a $30 fee if gas is less than $3.25/gal 👀 ... don’t know what other fees there may be but I prefer to stick with fee-free options.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card

A fee for low price gas? That’s crazy talk. I may just close and keep my fuel man.

Message 2 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card

@idolimage

How do you like the Fuelman card? Are there any fees with that one? I always thought they were the same company as BP.

Message 3 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

Update: This account may be worth keeping. I just spoke with a representative about my concerns and he assured me that certain accounts (including mine) are no-fee while others do get charged a fee, depending on the terms of the account. I will verify this information once my cards arrive. All I know at the moment is that Net 12 accounts do not incur a monthly fee.

Can anyone else verify this? Or any data points for their other net terms?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 9
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

I am on the Arco Business Solutions MC (Fleetcor) and the terms are almost identical to what I've read for other Fleetcor or Comdata users. I will be hitting my second cycle (Net 14) in a few days, I will let you know if any fees come up. So far, no fees associated other than fuel costs. Edit: Spoke a little too soon. My second statement closes tomorrow and I noticed that there is a $10 increase on my "current balance" with no transaction associated with it. 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CashBackQueen wrote:
Update: So before I got a chance to call them this morning to cancel my account, a rep called to let me know I was approved and the details of my account. I expressed my concerns to him and he told me that account fees are based on the account type. I have a Net 12 account (which is cool because I like to PIF immediately) and Net 12 accounts don't incur that $10 fee. Then I asked about the $30 fee I read about by another member on these forums. He said that fee varies with usage and is based on the national average price of gas. If you purchase gas at a price below the national average, it charges enough to offset that cost, from my understanding. I hope he was honest about everything, I will scrutinize the terms and fees fine print when the cards arrive. If everything checks out, I will keep the account open. I was told they do report to business bureaus, I will be sure to verify that myself as well.

Original post:
It hasn’t arrived yet, but I don’t like the fact that there are so many hidden fees. The rep who completed my application did not mention the $10 monthly account fee (unless getting 5000+ gallons which I won’t be) though it is minimally listed on the website ... then I just read about a $30 fee if gas is less than $3.25/gal 👀 ... don’t know what other fees there may be but I prefer to stick with fee-free options.

With all due respect...  IMO those terms are unacceptable, especially with other options available to build business credit or pay for your business fuel needs...

Message 7 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CashBackQueen wrote:

Original post:

With all due respect...  IMO those terms are unacceptable, especially with other options available to build business credit or pay for your business fuel needs...

I agree, which is why I closed my account earlier this year.

Message 8 of 9
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

We are going to close our ComData "Builder pro" MC and likely our Fuelman Advantage.  We now have better no fee gas cards and the fees on the ComData MC are insane.   On that card, the terms are terrible with fees, tricky Net 12 due dates etc.  You have to be so careful with due dates that fall on weekends as they will nail you with a 25% late fee if you inadvertantly schedule a payment for a weekend day.   The ComData MC stopped reporting to EX in 2017 and still shows a $600 balance.  I don't think that effects my score but it bothers me.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.