cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

Regular Contributor

Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

Update: So before I got a chance to call them this morning to cancel my account, a rep called to let me know I was approved and the details of my account. I expressed my concerns to him and he told me that account fees are based on the account type. I have a Net 12 account (which is cool because I like to PIF immediately) and Net 12 accounts don't incur that $10 fee. Then I asked about the $30 fee I read about by another member on these forums. He said that fee varies with usage and is based on the national average price of gas. If you purchase gas at a price below the national average, it charges enough to offset that cost, from my understanding. I hope he was honest about everything, I will scrutinize the terms and fees fine print when the cards arrive. If everything checks out, I will keep the account open. I was told they do report to business bureaus, I will be sure to verify that myself as well.

Original post:
It hasn’t arrived yet, but I don’t like the fact that there are so many hidden fees. The rep who completed my application did not mention the $10 monthly account fee (unless getting 5000+ gallons which I won’t be) though it is minimally listed on the website ... then I just read about a $30 fee if gas is less than $3.25/gal 👀 ... don’t know what other fees there may be but I prefer to stick with fee-free options.
BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Business Credit: Uline Net 30, Quill Net 30, Capital One Spark, BP (Fleetcor) Net 12

Starting Score: 512 Experian Fico 1/7/2018
Current Score: EXP 633 // TU 631 // EQ (unknown)
Goal Score: 700+ across the board by 2020

Seedling planted 1/7/19, gardening indefinitely.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card

A fee for low price gas? That’s crazy talk. I may just close and keep my fuel man.

Started in Feb 2017 @ 503 (not sure which CRA, just my score from a car loan)
(1/03/18) Fico 8 EQ 649, EX 633, TU 702

Heavy Use:
PenFed Auto Loan (Refinancing to ETFCU)
NFCU CLOC $15k - NFCU Flagship Visa $10k
ETFCU Prime Plus MC $5k - DiscoverIT $2.2k

Moderate Use:
JC Penny SC $6k - Wayfair SC $4.5k
Walmart SC $3K - Zales SC $1.75K
Amex Hilton Honors $1k

Seldom Use:
Cap One QS1 $1.55k - Belk SC $1.5k
Merrick Bank $1.4k - Amex Delta Blue $1k
USAA Classic Amex $0.5K - CareCare $0.5K
PayPal MC $0.3K

Business Accounts:
Amazon Corporate $4.5k - Fuelman Fleet $1.2k
BP Business Solutions $1.2k - Staples $1k
Office Depot $1k - Quill $0.1k - Uline $0.1k

On Chopping Block:
Mattress Firm SC $1.5k - Finger Hut 1K - Target $0.3k

Too many R.I.P. cards to list!!! Some from personal closure, some from AA :/
Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card

@idolimage

How do you like the Fuelman card? Are there any fees with that one? I always thought they were the same company as BP.
BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Business Credit: Uline Net 30, Quill Net 30, Capital One Spark, BP (Fleetcor) Net 12

Message 3 of 4
Regular Contributor

Re: Decided to close my BP Business fuel card - UPDATE: Rep called

Update: This account may be worth keeping. I just spoke with a representative about my concerns and he assured me that certain accounts (including mine) are no-fee while others do get charged a fee, depending on the terms of the account. I will verify this information once my cards arrive. All I know at the moment is that Net 12 accounts do not incur a monthly fee.

Can anyone else verify this? Or any data points for their other net terms?
BK7 DC 1/2/2018

Message 4 of 4