Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined For Amex Business Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined For Amex Business Delta Skymiles

Just as a data point I was pre-approved for a personal Amex Delta Skymiles Gold card (currently with 60k mile SUB).  Since I am at 3/24 and saving those slots for a couple Chase cards once my scores get in the low 700's or higher range I decided I wanted the business version of the card.  On the Amex web site with me logged in it shows a SUB for the card of 30k miles, but when I go on to Delta's site it has a 70k mile SUB.  So, I applied for the card on the Delta site, which redirected me to Amex when I clicked apply, but not logged in with my Amex sign in info.  Declined. 

I was under the impression that if I was pre-approved for the personal version of a card I'd get the business version if I applied for that.  Obviously wrong.  Anyway, thought this would be useful info to know.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined For Amex Business Delta Skymiles

Just thinking out loud....

Does the Biz version of this card maybe have a higher minimum CL than the personal version? It would make sense that it would be since business expenses are often greater than personal expenses.

I know I’ve read a lot about $1k SLs for the personal version. I don’t know that I’ve ever read of a Biz SL that low, however.

Is it possible that you might have been a marginal approval for the personal version and would have been given a $1k SL, but since the Biz version doesn’t offer that low of a SL, your application was denied?

Again, just thinking out loud.

Sorry about the decline!
Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Business versions of the personal variants would have nothing to do with a "higher CL" since a variety of business revolvers can start off pretty much on similar track CL-wise as the personal CCs.

Potentially, any information that you provided on the application may not have met specific internal scoring criteria (or other factors) for the business version, but it would behoove you to review the declined reasons for this specific card.

Of noteworthy, while [personal] pre-approved offers may yield solid outcomes for the most part, they are not necessarily guaranteed results. Lots of DPs that have confirmed declined outcomes even while an offer may show display as pre-approved. It's a pretty good barometer, but actual results will vary.

I would be curious to see what the declined reasons were OP.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just thinking out loud....

Does the Biz version of this card maybe have a higher minimum CL than the personal version? It would make sense that it would be since business expenses are often greater than personal expenses.

I know I’ve read a lot about $1k SLs for the personal version. I don’t know that I’ve ever read of a Biz SL that low, however.

Is it possible that you might have been a marginal approval for the personal version and would have been given a $1k SL, but since the Biz version doesn’t offer that low of a SL, your application was denied?

Again, just thinking out loud.

Sorry about the decline!

Definitely possible I was a marginal pre-approval/approval for personal version and would have gotten the min $1k SL.  Not sure what the min SL is for the biz version.  I have a $2k CL on my BBP which was my SL and I was already denied once for a CLI on that card. 

Really wanted those 70k miles which have a value of probably $1,000!  And don't want to burn a 5/24 spot on the personal version of this card.  One thing that is interesting is that I'm pre-approved for every single one of the co-branded personal cards and not pre-approved for any of the non-cobranded ones.  And there seems to be no way to know if i'm pre-approved for any of the business versions.  Oh well.  Such is life.  At least it was a SP!

Guess I can 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get an amex biz card for a few months now, but utilization has been killing my credit score since I was running biz spend through personal cards.

Last night I applied for the gold delta skymiles business card, in anticipation of my monthly denial.

Lo and behold, I was approved for a 3k starting limit. Transunion score is 637, biz credit file is thin, only 3 months old. I have a couple tradelines with quill, and 1 with a distributor, and a 3 month old cap one spark classic with a 500 sl. Biz d&b score is 493 (moderate risk).

At least now i can sd the crapital one.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been trying to get an amex biz card for a few months now, but utilization has been killing my credit score since I was running biz spend through personal cards.

Last night I applied for the gold delta skymiles business card, in anticipation of my monthly denial.

Lo and behold, I was approved for a 3k starting limit. Transunion score is 637, biz credit file is thin, only 3 months old. I have a couple tradelines with quill, and 1 with a distributor, and a 3 month old cap one spark classic with a 500 sl. Biz d&b score is 493 (moderate risk).

At least now i can sd the crapital one.

You apply every single month for that card?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

call in and appeal if your really trying to use it for business purposes.  They will reasses and decide  on the spot, or worst case give you the 7-10 day review.

My thread I made is a few blocks down but long story short:  I closed a personal SPG card in good standing and $0 balance(7 months old) to apply for the Simply Cash Plus biz card and was instantly denied, the reasons listed were false  At the time of apping 2 of 3 personal cards had a $0 balance for over 2 weeks.

I spent forever chasing down the right person to talk to and then appealed and explained my case and how they used an old softpull score with balances that werent upto date(the SPG was reporting a balance) and how i never missed a payment on any card, and the 2 balances were at $0. Alse explained to her that i just established my VA EIN # and was in the process of buying out a business to take over.

She came  back a few minutes later and said i was then approved for a $2k SL.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not specifically for this card. This was my first app for this one. I tried bbp, simply cash, and one other(cant remember which).

I have a personal amex, so figured theyd soft pull, thus I wasnt worried about inquiries.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.