Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Amex Business Gold but...

tag
bunneysvg
Established Member

Denied for Amex Business Gold but...

My credit is recovering from my dh being self employed and using personal credit to cover the gap so I decided to get a business card for him. He applied for an AMEX business gold but was denied. I was upset but turned the board and the wealth of knowledge here. I did my research and got him a Quill acct and an Amazon Business acct. Now I will garden these accounts on his behalf and will be anxiously awaiting the chance to reapply for the Amex.

Always seek the positive in the negativeSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Denied for Amex Business Gold but...

@bunneysvg wrote:

My credit is recovering from my dh being self employed and using personal credit to cover the gap so I decided to get a business card for him. He applied for an AMEX business gold but was denied. I was upset but turned the board and the wealth of knowledge here. I did my research and got him a Quill acct and an Amazon Business acct. Now I will garden these accounts on his behalf and will be anxiously awaiting the chance to reapply for the Amex.

Always seek the positive in the negativeSmiley LOL

Do you know the reason why AMEX denied his application.

Message 2 of 5
bunneysvg
Established Member

It was because his personal FICO was low.

Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bunneysvg wrote:

Always seek the positive in the negative:smileylol:

Bravo well said I like the way you think

Sounds like you have a good plan already started but you should also figure out why his scores are low and work on that as well because he will need higher scores and a PG to obtain any CC's which all leads back to his personal credit.

Unfortunately an approval won't be just based on his business CR's 

Pull his CR's and take a look at what's going on and good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
bunneysvg
Established Member

Thanks myjourney. I have already pulled his report and am working on a few minor issues although they have a big impact. Mosty it is medical collections. I am trying to PFD them with the exception of 1 that I will die before I pay. It's a dentist that did poor work resulting in needing the tooth pulled. It's the principle on that one.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.