Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed in AMEX

Logn story short, recently requested business credit card (Simply Cash) limit increase.  Was denied and received letter in mail stating the denial.  I assumed this is due to a foreclosure on a property I purchased in 2007, which lowered my credit score.(Understandable)  Other than the foreclosure, I have no other loans, or high balance cards on my personal credit file.  Have decent age of accounts, low credit/debt ratio, and excellent payment history with AMEX(never been late on any of my cards with them, and always pay in full).  I called the recon line, spoke to someone in India, and asked the details of the recon process.  She stated that she was unsure of the process exactly, but that basically the recon would be sent to team of underwriters to review payment history etc.  I then asked if another hard pull would be done, and she straight up said she was unsure, but that she would put my concern in the notes.  I then requested to speak to someone else who was more familiar with the process and she replied that no one else would know, not even her supervisor.  At this point, I told her I felt very uncomfortable with the recon process due to their lack of knowledge.  She continued to state that she would put my concerns of a hard credit pull in the notes, which i stated that was an unreliable method as someone could easily skim over that part of the note or not even read them at all during the process.  I decided to hold off on the recon and hung up.  I am pretty disappointed in AMEX.  Has anyone had this poor of an experience lately?  Used to be all american based CS, and great customer service with top notch product knowledge.  Looks like my Chase Business Card is going to be used moving forward.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disappointed in AMEX

YUP... Amex is on par for some of the worst customer service these days!

I recently was handling recon of a simply cash app for my partner and put in the request 2 weeks ago for recon and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with the guy... followed up last week and was told it wasn't submitted and "why would it be because unless something was different from the app it would not be changed"

she was short, nasty, and frankly she made me want to hit myself with the phone.

I asked for supervisor and she placed me on hold to come back some time later saying no one was available and theyw ould call me... guess who never called!!!

they have just become aweful!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.