Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Business Card and CL

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover Business Card and CL

Are they still not offering CLI.

When we got this card a couple years ago, they actually took some of the credit line from my moms personal card to open the business card... Fast forward to last year and they started CLD it $2200 - $1500 - $900!  It's nearly  paid off now and I'm wondering when they might actually start giving some of the CL back or if I should just SD and forget about it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Business Card and CL

Have you tried asking them and see if they might give CLI? Make sure they dont ding you with a hard inq.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I asked about 6 months ago before they started CLD the account and they were not offering CLI on business accounts because of the business credit market.  Then when I started making $400+ payments, they started the CLD stuff so have not bothered to call again.

Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Never hurts to call and ask. Worst case they might say no.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They responded to my e-mail today to call a special department during very slim hours and talk to them directly regarding the cld and possible reinstatement of CL.  I'll post after I talk to them in AM

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Update - Discover has changed lending criteria kind of like almost all other banks and they will not resinstate CL, they say to much debt, even though it's about half of what it was when we got the card originally.   Oh well

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.