Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Discover Launches Business Card

Discover launches business card.. 1.5 matched at 1.5 and appears to report to personal credit so what is the point really unless they actually give people useable credit lines?  75 sign-up bonus i believe whoopie and wi-fi credit

Anyways for those interested.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-launches-discover-it-business-1-5-cashback-doubled-first-yea...

Direct link to application

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/business/

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Launches Business Card

Yup, useless card

Message 2 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Launches Business Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, useless card

Only thing I would be interested in is if they did give useable CL's vs the famous 2k SL for people with 800 scores since business card and reports to personal credit.. Otherwise the MILES personal card is a better card as longer 0% apr period.  Suppose there is a sucker born each day, but for most of us it is a gimmick as just miles with business at end of it.   Sure some might have a use for it, but can't imagine what for since it reports to personal.

Message 3 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Business Owners -- Discover IT 1.5/3.0% (doubled first year)

Real solid Cash Back business CC option just released by Discover.  

Message 4 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For Business Owners -- Discover IT 1.5/3.0% (doubled first year)

@Anonymous wrote:

A LOT of better business cards than this offering 

Message 5 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why some consider the card useless?  Quite useful for real businesses!

My business spends ~ 150 K/month on google advertising.  Pretty freaking useful for us!  It beats the heck out of the Spark for the first year.

Message 6 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which do you suggest thats "a lot" better?  The Amex Gold is limited to 100 K on marketing spend.  Not sure what else?  We use the Spark currently for all our marketing spend (approx 150K/month).  This seems like a good offering for the online marketer or big business spend.  Granted, it will go sock drawered after first year, but hell this gives me an extra 18 grand compared to the Spark. 

Message 7 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which do you suggest thats "a lot" better?  The Amex Gold is limited to 100 K on marketing spend.  Not sure what else?  We use the Spark currently for all our marketing spend (approx 150K/month).  This seems like a good offering for the online marketer or big business spend.  Granted, it will go sock drawered after first year, but hell this gives me an extra 18 grand compared to the Spark. 

BBP for one, other Chase INK products for another example and many others that DON't report to personal credit and tank your score with a useless say 3-5k CL on a business card as the reason business cards are hidden partially is not to mess up a persons utilization and separate from personal credit.. Now if you compare it to a Cap1 business card that also reports to personal credit it isn't to bad as no AF, but I don't consider Cap1 a good business card either.  

Also as stated this will appeal to some, but the vast majority with good scores and people that care about 5/24 and other things this is a dud.

Message 8 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BBP for one, other Chase INK products for another example and many others that DON't report to personal credit and tank your score with a useless say 3-5k CL on a business card as the reason business cards are hidden partially is not to mess up a persons utilization and separate from personal credit.. Now if you compare it to a Cap1 business card that also reports to personal credit it isn't to bad as no AF, but I don't consider Cap1 a good business card either.  

Also as stated this will appeal to some, but the vast majority with good scores and people that care about 5/24 and other things this is a dud.

Not concerned with utilization or "tanking" of credit score (getting a new CC does not tank a score btw), i never keep a high balance and its always statement balance paid in full.  Yes, amex BBP I guess is a good option with the 1.25 conversion to Charles schwab, still thats 2.5% cash back.  We prefer cash, dont need miles.  Seems Discover is 3%, which is a big difference when you're spending a lot of $.  For us who want pure cash, I don't see a better option.

Message 9 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not concerned with utilization or "tanking" of credit score (getting a new CC does not tank a score btw), i never keep a high balance and its always statement balance paid in full.  Yes, amex BBP I guess is a good option with the 1.25 conversion to Charles schwab, still thats 2.5% cash back.  We prefer cash, dont need miles.  Seems Discover is 3%, which is a big difference when you're spending a lot of $.  For us who want pure cash, I don't see a better option.

If you get a 4--5k SL is that a usable business card to you?  Just say you got that, would you be able to make that work with a legit business?  Turst me i understand 'tanking" of credit score or I wouldn't have my current role on the forum by the means of getting a new CC, I meant if you let it report with a bad limit and high utilization.  If it is for you by all means go for it as it does have a market or they wouldn't of released it, just don't think it will be for the majority of churners or people with alot of available credit already as better options as mentioned and I only named a few.  We can certainly agree to disagree as I posted this for anyone interested being people like yourself.   I just perfer not to take an AAoA hit on a business card reporting to personal; simply preference which we all have.

edit: who knows maybe they will be more giving and liberal on the CL's with the business cards out the gate compared to their personal side of cards

Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.