cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For Business Owners -- Discover IT 1.5/3.0% (doubled first year)

Yeah, if Discover is not giving true Business credt lines, its unuseable for me -- I'd be surprised if they are doing such low lines of credit.  I'm used to getting very large credit lines for our biz cc's (Amex, C1, Citi), so would be surprised if we got a low line from them.  My only other Discover card has a 30 K line, would hope to get at least that considering this is for business use.  My only point is I think this card does have a market -- particularly for online affiliate marketers.  AAOA, inquiries, all that stuff is immaterial to me (800+ scores).

Message 11 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would only be useful the first year.  3 percent back first year plus 0 percent interest for the first year.  After the year is up shread the card and move on. 

Message 12 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing this CC. The timing is interesting with relaunching a new business CC since they'd been out of the business CC picture for a while.

I can see this product being an appeal for some, but on a limited basis.

I wonder if having 2 personal CCs with Discover would allow having a 3rd one? Or, limit to 2 CC products regardless of whether business or personal 🤔 But, if it reports to personal CRs, meh.

I suppose the jury's still out until the first GPs start reporting what kind of SLs, APRs and the like are being approved for.
Message 13 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Thanks for sharing this CC. The timing is interesting with relaunching a new business CC since they'd been out of the business CC picture for a while.

I can see this product being an appeal for some, but on a limited basis.

I wonder if having 2 personal CCs with Discover would allow having a 3rd one? Or, limit to 2 CC products regardless of whether business or personal 🤔 But, if it reports to personal CRs, meh.

I suppose the jury's still out until the first GPs start reporting what kind of SLs, APRs and the like are being approved for.

Also wonder about the 2 personal CC's if you have which I do already whether a person can get a 3rd... going to need a GP..  Or maybe a simple chat might help or call to them.  I just don't see this in my card line-up due to reporting to personal credit unless they are handing out 20k CL's right out of the gate like candy Smiley Tongue.  I somehow suspect 2 cards max will be inplace along with 12 month wait between cards although i certainly could be wrong.. Sure we will have some DP's either today on this site or other ones such as DOC, reddit, etc..

Message 14 of 71
redpat
Senior Contributor

This card is completely worthless, no SUB, 3% first year can be beat by others and it reports on personal credit.

As I see it, three strikes and your out Disco. It looks like they have a lot to learn about business credit card market.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 71
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Launches Business Card

If it didn't report to Personal credit and gave 0% BTs offers like the Personal "it", then it might be a useful card...

Message 16 of 71
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

New Discover it Business Card

Hey all,

Didn't really see a topic for this when searching but just thought people should know: Discover launched a new business version of the It card.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/business/?ICMPGN=PUB_HDR_CARDS_BUSINESS

Doesn't follow the same rotating categories structure as the personal It card, but it's just a flat 1.5% back card. However, Cashback match makes it an unlimited 3% card which I think is pretty solid. Definitely what gives it a leg up over, say, the Chase Ink Unlimited business card at least for the first year.

Message 17 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover it Business Card

couple threads on this in the business credit section.

Message 18 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Hey all,

Didn't really see a topic for this when searching but just thought people should know: Discover launched a new business version of the It card.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/business/?ICMPGN=PUB_HDR_CARDS_BUSINESS

Doesn't follow the same rotating categories structure as the personal It card, but it's just a flat 1.5% back card. However, Cashback match makes it an unlimited 3% card which I think is pretty solid. Definitely what gives it a leg up over, say, the Chase Ink Unlimited business card at least for the first year.

Yet another 1.5% card.... Yawn. When will banks learn that 1.5 is medicore in this day and age. 

Message 19 of 71
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

I swear Im so freaking mad. I called Discover to verify that the card had to "Price protection" benefit (at least until 10/31) and the agent said yes. My second question was "I have 2 personal cards, I know there is some sort of 2 card limit, will I be able to get this business card?" 

The agent said YES and that it would be no problem if I have two personal cards as a business cards is in a separate category. 

So I go apply and.... DENIED FOR:  "THE NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES" 

So I called back and honestly they were concerned, they had a supervisor on the line and she took it seriously. They could not find the call on my account history because I spammed * when I called in because I was irate with Discover chat being worthless. I gave her the exact time I called in and she will look for the call. Regardless of her being able to find the recording she will submit an investigation to their internal team and they will hopefully delete the hard inquiry. 

Not a good day to be the agent that gave me false info that I acted upon. I am most concerned about the hard INQ being deleted. At least I know I have an Experian 780 FICO.....

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 20 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.