Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover it Business Card

I was also provided false information by disco. I called in 9 months after I got my first discover card secured(unsecured after the 8th statement) and was told I could apply for a second card since I was no longer secured.
I knew this to be false so asked for a supervisor, and she confirmed I could not get a card before my 1 year grad.

This information to us is real life serious stuff. People should be fired for this you literally could make the difference of how much money you spend on interest in future by telling people to apply and get a HP. For no reason. Ridiculous
Message 31 of 71
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you are worried about interest rates on future trade lines (presumably mortgage since a CC is wtfever with PIF) why are you applying for anything?

Priorities Smiley Wink.

        
Message 32 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never said I was. I'm just saying representatives should look at it like everybody is applying for a mortgage. and of course you pay no interest on credit cards when you pay in full until the day you don't. I still have not reached that day and don't plan to but you never know. In my book every penny counts no matter what.
My priorities don't include being somebody who talks when they don't know what they are saying how about you rev??
Message 33 of 71
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ridiculous would be taking something obviously out of context: utilization has nothing to do with inquiries when it comes to FICO scoring, period.

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful and I apologize if I came across as such but your response was unwarranted... and FWIW compared to many I know plenty when it comes to not only credit scoring but underwriting... and no kidding CSR’s rarely know full actual information: there are lenders out there that do that by design given internal fraud risks.

        
Message 34 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they have to do with each other.
I'm sure you know more than me. I'm just contributing what I can. And learn learn learn.
Unwarranted why? I responded to a comment about false information given by representatives.
Interesting lenders don't look at some information.
Do you mind telling me Wich lenders aren't worried about info and what information they aren't worried about? No kidding I'm curious.
I'm aware they all are different and focus on certain things but ill take all the data points I can.
Message 35 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

........Regardless of her being able to find the recording she will submit an investigation to their internal team and they will hopefully delete the hard inquiry.

I believe you have a better shot at removing that inquiry by flooring a DeLorean to 88mph. I've been in a similar situation with Discover two years ago; they never removed the inquiry.

It seems the stars have aligned! I received a letter yesterday stating they would not be removing the inquiry as it was the result of a "declined application" (duh...). 

I called in and was transferred to that department, he said he spoke with his manager about it and they would remove the INQ if they could locate the phone call recording where the rep told me I would NOT be denied for already having 2 accounts with them. The issue before was that they could not locate that phone call, as it had occured in a way that it did not show up under either account number. This time they would seach using my phone number. 

They called back today and said they would remove the inquiry, they will also send a letter stating as much. Should take about 30 days. 

Its hard to believe but Discover owned up to it. I doubt many other credit card companies would do the same. I will certainly be keeping both my cards open indefinitely. Very good customer service. 

Thank you for posting your experience with Discover on personal and business. Now I know I won't be having the business card on my future list since I just got my 2nd personal. And I'm glad to hear that they will be removing the INQ from your file.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 36 of 71
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

........Regardless of her being able to find the recording she will submit an investigation to their internal team and they will hopefully delete the hard inquiry.

I believe you have a better shot at removing that inquiry by flooring a DeLorean to 88mph. I've been in a similar situation with Discover two years ago; they never removed the inquiry.

It seems the stars have aligned! I received a letter yesterday stating they would not be removing the inquiry as it was the result of a "declined application" (duh...). 

I called in and was transferred to that department, he said he spoke with his manager about it and they would remove the INQ if they could locate the phone call recording where the rep told me I would NOT be denied for already having 2 accounts with them. The issue before was that they could not locate that phone call, as it had occured in a way that it did not show up under either account number. This time they would seach using my phone number. 

They called back today and said they would remove the inquiry, they will also send a letter stating as much. Should take about 30 days. 

Its hard to believe but Discover owned up to it. I doubt many other credit card companies would do the same. I will certainly be keeping both my cards open indefinitely. Very good customer service. 

Thank you for posting your experience with Discover on personal and business. Now I know I won't be having the business card on my future list since I just got my 2nd personal. And I'm glad to hear that they will be removing the INQ from your file.

I did finally get a letter confirming the deletion, but the inq still shows on my Experian report. However it did show up Deleted on Jan 25th on my Equifax report. 

Hell.... I guess ill take it. I had more inquiries on the Equi report anyway. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 37 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

I did finally get a letter confirming the deletion, but the inq still shows on my Experian report. However it did show up Deleted on Jan 25th on my Equifax report. 

Hell.... I guess ill take it. I had more inquiries on the Equi report anyway. 

Wow, EQ is my lowest number of Inquiries. I only have 4 there. Can’t find a card who will look at EQ for me. smiley-laughing021.gif

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 38 of 71
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Even though it reports to personal I may pick it up just for credit building purposes: allegedly reports to EX/EQ business both and also D&B, just missing SBFE.

I don’t know what business credit bureaus routinely get pulled but out of the major issuer credit cards Chase is the only other that reports to EQ Biz on the list that I googled.

Admittedly I expect to wind up with 2 Chase cards longer term for the new business but it’s sort of lame that business account reporting is basically where consumer was two decades ago Smiley Sad.

        
Message 39 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Business?

Just got a mailer today for it. Not sure what to make of it whether it's a prequal or just promo material. It has a solid APR and an invitation # anybody else try it?
Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.