Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Discover applications

Was recently approved for Discover IT about a month ago. Have been thinking about The Discover business card but I do not know if I can apply for the business card or do I have to wait a certain amount of time to get approved for another discover card. Does anyone have any input on this.. Thanks in advance
Message 61 of 71
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: Discover applications

Following

Message 62 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover applications

I called and asked that very question a few months back.

I was told that the waiting period is the same, regardless if it is a personal or a business card.  You must wait one year between Discover cards.

Message 63 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover business card

@pizza1 wrote:
I actually applied for this card a month or two ago, and was declined solely for my BK (they weren't IIB), and Ive had 3 Personal Discover cards in the past 3 years, with my one open with a CL of $25.1k.

Their UW may be different for their Biz card, as I was declined.

As mentioned, it does report to your personal reports, and any pre-approval Ive ever gotten from them always ended in an approval, but YMMV.

Also, Discover has a 2 card policy. So if you have 2 personal cards currently, and apply for the Biz card, you'll be declined.

I bank with Discover and I requested a UW contact me to clarify that question. It took a few days but I finally spoke to someone and they confirmed. If you a personal bankruptcy you will be autodeclined for the Business card. I forgot to ask about timeframes.

Message 64 of 71
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Discover IT Business Card?

Did a search and didnt come up with much on this card? 

Anyone have it? DPs? Does it report to Biz Credit? 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 65 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Business Card?

Don't have the card but when I researched it, it appeared as if they reported to both personal and business CA's. 

Message 66 of 71
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@IodineNightSky wrote:

Did a search and didnt come up with much on this card? 

Anyone have it? DPs? Does it report to Biz Credit? 

It reports to personal, which for me would kill it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 67 of 71
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The reason why you don't see much on this card is because most folks who are on here want a biz cc that doesn't report to personal, (hidden).

That said, the Disco business card seems a bit harder to get than the personal side. For starters they won't approve anyone with a personal or business BK on their reports.
Message 68 of 71
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

thanks for all the info guys. 

i dont mind if a CC also reports to personal, i just need something that definitely reports to business credit as i dont think i have anything reporting to mine thus far. 

i actually got approved for a spark card several months ago but capital one wouldnt actually issue the card because i dont use the mailing address for the building i rent space in (i use a PO box) and CapOne were so unbelievably rigid with what documents they required for me to prove i'm actually located in the building. it was sooooo bizarre. i offered to send all sorts of other stuff (and actually did so), but they refused to be even the slightest bit reasonable. it was really one of the most bizarre situations in my life lol. 

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 69 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IodineNightSky wrote:
... capital one wouldnt actually issue the card because i dont use the mailing address for the building i rent space in (i use a PO box) ...

I had a similar issue but not with Cap1. I went to the clerks office and registered a DBA listing my office's physical address and then subsequently used that paperwork to "prove" to others it was my physical office space. Haven't had any issues since. 

Good luck.

Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.