Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it Business?

For me, solid apr/pre-approvals with Discover have always been an approval. Just remember that Discover Business will report to your personal reports.

They are good for BT's/0% offers though.Smiley Happy

As a side note....I did apply about a month or so ago, and was denied solely for my BK on personal record. So, not sure if the lending criteria is different for the biz side, appears as such.

Ive had 3 Discover personal cc's that Ive been able to over time combine limits with, and currently have one at $25.1k, but yet, decline for biz card.

Something else to remember is, that Discover will only allow 2 cards at one time. So, if you currently have 2 personal Discover cc's, you'll be declined the biz card for that reason.
Message 41 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @pizza1 only have 1 card w/ them so far, not worried about reporting to CB since I own business. Just want something to pay business bills w/ as getting tired of writing checks etc. Simplify Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 71
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got a mailer today for it. Not sure what to make of it whether it's a prequal or just promo material. It has a solid APR and an invitation # anybody else try it?

Don't get it. It's one of the few business credit cards that reports to your personal credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 43 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

So which would you recommend? Also, reporting to personal is no biggie for me Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 71
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So which would you recommend? Also, reporting to personal is no biggie for me Smiley Happy

I used to feel that way too. But then I realized that I couldn't make big purchases with such a card, or at least would have to time them carefully, because it might screw up my utilization numbers.  In business credit utilization doesn't matter, in personal credit it's a huge factor.

IMHO the best business cards are the Chase Ink cards. I also like American Express for Business.

Bank of America is ok, but has kind of a weird way of setting up its website.

Message 45 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping to make Discover Business my second Discover card. Well not if they decline for bankruptcy. I guess I’ll have to keep looking. Right now it’s Cap1only.

Message 46 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ppl Smiley Happy and yeah just realized this would mess up my plans to get a 2nd disco it in the future. Which of those cards reports to business only, and does the Chase factor in inq's or new accounts only/subject to 5/24?
Message 47 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks ppl Smiley Happy and yeah just realized this would mess up my plans to get a 2nd disco it in the future. Which of those cards reports to business only, and does the Chase factor in inq's or new accounts only/subject to 5/24?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Which-Bank-Biz-Cards-Report-To-Biz-Credit-Reports/td-p/5542736

Message 48 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Morpho Smiley Happy
Message 49 of 71
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping to make Discover Business my second Discover card. Well not if they decline for bankruptcy. I guess I’ll have to keep looking. Right now it’s Cap1only.

Capital One Spark is another one that reports to personal credit.

And Capital One usually triple pulls when you apply for credit.

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.