cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do creditors really have ups stores flagged?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Do creditors really have ups stores flagged?

I read this in the sticky. I was thinking about getting a ups or usps mailbox for business mail and a physical address but the sticky says creditors have these places flagged. I want to be taken as serious as possible with my legit business and build business credit properly but also needed clarification on if this is true or not.
Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Do creditors really have ups stores flagged?

shared addresses are generally not good especially if you are trying NO PG Accounts.... if you are PGing you should be fine.

They know if an address is shared / home / commercial etc...

Message 2 of 10
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

That's what I needed to know. Ill go with the virtual office solution then.

Message 3 of 10
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:
shared addresses are generally not good especially if you are trying NO PG Accounts.... if you are PGing you should be fine.

They know if an address is shared / home / commercial etc...

So here is an update. 

The virtual office space that I am looking to rent uses PMB alongside their suite number. 

I heard this was a red flag to places like D&B and also some banks require a physical address with a lease. This is an actual physical address that I can go to hold meetings(rent out a room) however the entire issue is just confusing to me.

Short of using my home address which presents safety concerns and actually leasing a business address are there any other options or should this virtual office be ok with the PMB?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a UPS (PMB) box for my online business. No storefront or physical location. 

I was able to get the following without issue:

Business Checking Account
Business Credit Card - Chase INK
Register on D&B

Register on Manta
EV SSL from Sectigo (after D&B registration)
All state, county, and local business licenses
IRS EIN

*Also getting a business LOC through the bank, but I assume that will go over without issue.

Message 5 of 10
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a UPS (PMB) box for my online business. No storefront or physical location. 

I was able to get the following without issue:

Business Checking Account
Business Credit Card - Chase INK
Register on D&B

Register on Manta
EV SSL from Sectigo (after D&B registration)
All state, county, and local business licenses
IRS EIN

*Also getting a business LOC through the bank, but I assume that will go over without issue.

Who is your account with?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My checking is with my credit union - BECU. Which is actually right next store to the UPS store.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My checking is with my credit union - BECU. Which is actually right next store to the UPS store.

Just to clarify...did you use the UPS store as your address on your business checking account? Or did they require your “real” address too?

I saw someone posted that Wells Fargo googled the address, saw it was a UPS store and refused to open the account until a “real” address was provided.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The UPS store was used for my Business Address. All mail from BECU goes to my UPS mailbox. It's marked as both the primary and mailing address.

Message 9 of 10
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

banking accounts wont be an issue... but if you are applying for NO PG Credit accounts... that address may cause an issue.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.