cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex 3x CLI at 61 Days Work for Business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Amex 3x CLI at 61 Days Work for Business?

I've read that it does but does anyone have personal experience requesting a 3x CLI for their business card at 61 days???

I tried at 62 days with a 50+ point bump in personal FICO scores since account opening but got the 7-10 day message.

So that's why I'd like to see if the same holds true for personal.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex 3x CLI at 61 Days Work for Business?

@Anonymous wrote:
I've read that it does but does anyone have personal experience requesting a 3x CLI for their business card at 61 days???

I tried at 62 days with a 50+ point bump in personal FICO scores since account opening but got the 7-10 day message.

So that's why I'd like to see if the same holds true for personal.

All CLI 'rules' for Amex pertain to both personal and business credit cards

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish yes I've read that but it would be nice to have someone or a few people who can personally say they have tried and been successful at requesting a 3x CLI for an Amex Business card at 61 days.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish yes I've read that but it would be nice to have someone or a few people who can personally say they have tried and been successful at requesting a 3x CLI for an Amex Business card at 61 days.

Plenty of people have 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then maybe some will comment on this thread Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Then maybe some will comment on this thread Smiley Wink

They don't need to.  You can either accept that the rule applies to business cards or not.  Just because you apparently were denied doesn't mean that it isn't true. You assume because your scores are higher now than when you were approved that Amex would automatically approve the CLI.  Just like personal cards people are denied CLIs even with much higher scores than yours.  There are lots of other factors involved besides credit scores..  It has been documented here and many other credit forums.  We don't need to keep going back and forth on the issue. Try again in 90 days

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish - is it such a big deal that I would prefer for someone just to comment and say yes they were approved or no they were denied at 61 days requesting a 3x CLI on their Amex Business card?

Since it's taboo to post a business related question in the personal credit forum I can't ask this question in the massive 3x thread that's available and am confined to asking it in a much smaller forum area that gets significant less traffic.
Message 7 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

Irish gave you the best advice.

OP, you just got the business card.  Use it, pif and run a lot of activity through it and be patient for a 3x cli.  Not everything comes at once, there needs to be time in between getting the credit and asking for a CLI.  Based on your SL I would suggest wait.

IMO, you need to wait a year for the best results and you can't expect the same results as others.  

Also, not many on these forums have business cards so getting DP for 3x business will be difficult.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redpat - So far I've but about 1.2k in charges on it and paid about $400 of that off. There's a not interest promo through September.

It's just hard going from "Fair/Good" to "Very Good" credit and not being recognized for doing so with creditors. I requested a CLI from BOA a few weeks ago and a partial CLI was given when I got the letter in the mail it said my FICO score was 665 and the date was 2/8 even though I requested the increase on 3/8 and from about 2/24 going forward all FICO scores were 725+.

But this time I know Amex saw the jump in points because I saw a SP done on 3/9 which is what prompted the 3x CLI request. The letter should be in the mail I will update as to why it was denied I'm thinking it's going to say too short of a time with current CL or something similar.
Message 9 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Redpat - So far I've but about 1.2k in charges on it and paid about $400 of that off. There's a not interest promo through September.

It's just hard going from "Fair/Good" to "Very Good" credit and not being recognized for doing so with creditors. I requested a CLI from BOA a few weeks ago and a partial CLI was given when I got the letter in the mail it said my FICO score was 665 and the date was 2/8 even though I requested the increase on 3/8 and from about 2/24 going forward all FICO scores were 725+.

But this time I know Amex saw the jump in points because I saw a SP done on 3/9 which is what prompted the 3x CLI request. The letter should be in the mail I will update as to why it was denied I'm thinking it's going to say too short of a time with current CL or something similar.

Making small payments and using the 0% will not help your chances for a CLI w/ amex no matter what your score is, imo.  Use it, pay it and again and again.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.