cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Ink Report on Personal Credit?

tag
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Does Chase Ink Report on Personal Credit?

When I searched, I found a few older threads that said they do a hard pull on personal credit, but that it did not report. The related question is how does it affect 5/24 for them? Is it based only on new personal cards? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Chase Ink Report on Personal Credit?

There was a period where they did report (even retroactively) after the WaMu acquisition, but I don't recall hearing about them appearing on personal cards in more recent years.  Like Amex, they can and will report if the account is delinquent.

I am not sure if it has been confirmed or not, but it would be logical that Chase would use its own internal data in addition to credit bureau reports to determine 5/24 status.

Message 2 of 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

No, they don't report to personal unless there is a negative/default on the account... They also don't count towards your 5/24 once approved but you do have to be under 5/24 at time of application... They pulled EX and EQ personal for me... report to biz reports regularly.

Most businesses cards that don't report to personal don't count but I know discover and some Cap 1 spark cards are counted in the 5/24

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ThomasJNewton wrote:

When I searched, I found a few older threads that said they do a hard pull on personal credit, but that it did not report. The related question is how does it affect 5/24 for them? Is it based only on new personal cards? 

1. Yes they do hard pull on personal credit for the application; may even double pull.

2. No the account does not report to personal credit (unless there is a default of some kind).

3. Applying for it is subject to 5/24.

4. It is not counted in the 5/24 calculation.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@JoeRockheadand @SouthJamaica are both correct. 

You must be under 5/24 to be approved.  And they perform a HP, normally EX in my experience.  However, the cards don't show up on personal credit report and once approved, they don't count towards 5/24.  They're "freebies."  Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.