cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a biz card count toward 5/ 24 rule?

tag
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Does a biz card count toward 5/ 24 rule?

Does applying & or getting approved for an Amex business card... count in the Chase 5 / 24 rule?   

I'll be 4 / 24 next month, with one more dropping off  4 months later.  I was wondering... if I apply for an Amex business card will that count and put me back to 5 / 24?           I was wondering if that may cause a Chase decline.... any info is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Does a biz card count toward 5/ 24 rule?

No, an AMEX business card doesn't not appear on your credit report unless you default on the account, therefore your 4/24 status should remain intact should you decide to app for an AMEX biz card

Everything else depends on your credit on whether or not you get approved for a Chase card but your 5/24 status will not be an issue

Message 2 of 5
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

OK Thank you Simply Noir.....   That's what I thought but I just wanted to check, 

All scores in the 760's- 770's so we'll see,  probably won't apply for Chase for awhile.... but bus card may come first.....   thanks for the info !

Message 3 of 5
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

@FishingGuy wrote:

OK Thank you Simply Noir.....   That's what I thought but I just wanted to check, 

All scores in the 760's- 770's so we'll see,  probably won't apply for Chase for awhile.... but bus card may come first.....   thanks for the info !

You should apply for a Chase Business card before any personal ones. The reason being that Chase's Biz cards won't count against your 4/24. You can apply for the Chase Biz cards you want and STILL be at 4/24. I'm not sure about the co-branded ones like SouthWest, United etc. though. 

However, the minute you apply for a Chase personal card, you will immediately be at 5/24. Just a heads up. 

Message 4 of 5
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

No, an AMEX business card doesn't not appear on your credit report unless you default on the account, therefore your 4/24 status should remain intact should you decide to app for an AMEX biz card

Everything else depends on your credit on whether or not you get approved for a Chase card but your 5/24 status will not be an issue

This is GOOD news!

I am at 4/24 and thinking of applying for the Ink Cash card.... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.